Newbie To The Forum - Want An Xr!

Guest Surreal

Guest Surreal
  • Guests

B) Hi guys!

Im a newbie to the forum but definitely not to Ford. Must say that the XR6T has definitely grabbed my attention.

However, considering I'm 21 there is no way I can afford/insure a BA XR6T. Any chance anyone would be able to help me land an EF XR6?

Any help would be appreciated!

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

Welcome to the forum - and on this note I think it appropriate that you have a look at some of the threads where we were discussing leasing and salary packaging a car with a dedicated Novated Leasing company to make the insurance a non-issue :D

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 19d

Hey Surreal,

Let me be one of the first to welcome you.

Dude, I'm a bit older, 31 and I cannot afford one, Just a little out of my reach, but I do have a Phantom Purple BA XR-6 on order. Loved fords since the Moffatt glory days of Bathurst, well I'm not that old but lets say my first car was a Monza Red XC-Hardtop. Currently drive a black AU III XR6 VCT. nearly 20,000 on the clock and it's trade in time : ).

EF-XR6? Knew a guy not that long ago that just off loaded a imperial green EL XR-6 for $16,000, nothing wrong with it, low kms. Tax rideoff kinda deal...lol.

Few weeks earlier and you could have had a s**t hot XR. I'm sure some of the dudes in this forum will know pleanty of contacts. Your A Ford freak, therefore all of us other Ford Freaks will only be too happy to help. I'll ask around.

Catcha. B)

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

Not on the Coast! Still waiting for dealers to call me as I don't have the time to get up to Brisbane at the moment.

It makes me wonder how difficult it must be to be a car salesman though! I thought part of sales was chasing down customers - all I've heard is silence :crazystuff:

Guest Surreal
  • Guests

B) Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Indeed, I'm blue to the BONE! My blood is even blue! I refuse to own anything but a Ford. I had a modified EF Futura before (Beautiful machine.) but it got written off by some idiot driving a VT Late model camira who decided to turn into my street on a RED LIGHT! :angry: Damn idiot woman-driver! (No offence.)

Naturally I got the payout etc, but it's all going to my financer. I lose the car, but at least I'm instantly out of debt. Ah well...

I'd LOVE an EF XR6 as my next vehicle. I know they sell for about $15 000 now, what with the BA Launch pushing all other Ford prices down; its the perfect time to buy one of these babies!

I'm 21, but I earn a decent amount, which is why Im okay with buying one, but insurance is the big pain. Its currently $3900 through NRMA to insure me on a 94 EF XR6. :( I refuse to pay a ridiculous amount when there are morons out there aged 35 who dont know what a red light indicates. (Yes, Im referring to my accident; where she pays a MUCH LOWER premium than me.)

Some people... anyways, if I can get some Sydneysiders lead on a good EF XR6 or even an EL XR8, it would be awesome. (I still prefer a 6 though; for fuel and insurance purposes.)

Thanks again, guys! Legend effort!

GO FORD!

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

Would it make any difference if you only had to pay $1000 p/a on insurance?

Incidentally, if anyone would like to write off my VT, please let me know :D

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 19d

Dude,

It's sitting there still, I sware Bryan Byrt Ford have placed the Phantom XR there just to p*ss me awf every time as they know I drive past on Mt Gravatt/Capalaba Rd every day. I'm surprized nobody has taken off with it. I would have but the damn thing does not have the Prem. stereo installed and they will not install one as there is a risk factor involved. Color LCD screen will mess up if the unit is tipped on an angle, can you believe it?

I want my XR :angry:

Anyway, yep, Blue oval forever!!!!!!!!Have to keep ahead of these HSV (Heavy Slow Vehicle) rejects. Or have we already, hmmm $51,000 HSV XU6....the xt beats it hands down???....lol, Yay Holden!!!