• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member For: 21y 15d

Really? tell me more

Is it true, if so I am absolutely stoked because that offensive bigot really gets up my nose.!!

• The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member For: 21y 15d

So the 'Black Superman' got beaten by the Porto Rican 'Lex Luthor' with a fistful of kryptonite.

Sensational....I'm so pleased that offensive bigoted tool got beaten!!!!!

Guest Scootre
  • Guests

Right on.

The ankle thing happened in training and was caught on camera. Ii was too much an awkward fall to have been put on I think. But to use it as an excuse. Pfft.

Good to see that bigotted loud mouth got nailed.

Edited by Scootre

Guest Scootre
  • Guests

Here's the story:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=5182

Mundine wants rematch after loss

08:10 AEST Thu May 6 2004

Anthony Mundine is already hoping for a rematch after surrendering his World Boxing Association super middleweight title on a split points decision to mandatory challenger Manny Siaca.

Making the second defence of his title on Wednesday night, Mundine was floored in the second round as he was in his previous fight against Japan's Yoshinoi Nishizawa.

Japanese judge Takeshi Shimikawa scored the fight 114-113 in Mundine's favour, Sweden's Mikael Hook and Korea's Wangsup Shim both had the challenger winning 115-113.

It was a world title at the fourth attempt for the 28-year-old Puerto Rican who pushed the pace for much of the fight and later said he would offer the Australian a rematch.

Siaca, who entered the ring in a Wallabies jersey, put Mundine down with a left to the head as the bell sounded to end the second round.

American referee Raul Caiz, who was a late replacement for Panamanian Guillermo Pineda, applied a standing eight count after Mundine bounced back to his feet almost immediately.

While Mundine appeared to have the faster hands, his usually dominant jab fell short on many occasions against his taller opponent.

Siaca also fought in spurts, firing out flurries of power punches, Mundine evading the majority.

He showed few signs he was troubled by the ankle injury suffered in training last week, though he did grimace after slipping to the canvas in the tenth round.

"What can you do, I have to go back to the drawing board, I thought I won... but I will take the loss like a man," Mundine said when interviewed in the ring.

It was his second loss in 22 bouts, while Siaca improved his record to 18 victories and four defeats, three of which came in challenges for light heavyweight and super middleweight world titles.

Mundine declined to attend the post-fight press conference, however, his father and trainer Tony said Anthony would remain in boxing.

"We're going to try to get a rematch," Tony Mundine said.

"I can't say too much until I have spoken to the WBA."

Mundine said he thought his son was in front after eleven rounds.

©AAP 2004