Mobile Phone

richdave

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d

Does any one else have their car kit connected through the audio system on the BA?

I have and it is great, only problem is that I cannot hear the keypad tones anymore 'cause the audio is off untill you press send and the ICC switches to media input.

A couple of times when the car is off and the phone is rung, the ICC wakes up but the audio is not heard. A second try without touching anything and it all works just fine. Anyone else had this problem? I'm using a 6120 phone in a genuine Nokia cradle.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d

Our Bluetooth kit is connected through the audio and touch wood, so far no problems. We dont get the keypad tones through the speakers as the kit doesnt mute the audio until you have dialled and the called phone has started ringing.

The two seem to integrate very well, its a good system.

• Member For: 21y 3m 24d

my Nokia is connected through the audio and it works well. it's the same system as my previous XR6 the 99 AU. I think the standard mobile phone wiring in the car is already set up for audio system integration.

anyone else know?

• Lifetime Members
I think the standard mobile phone wiring in the car is already set up for audio system integration.

Yes it is. There is a connector for power and audio (and I'm guessing mute/call signalling) behind the fuse panel. It works great apart from the glitch I have experienced as mentioned earlier.

BTW - I was a bit puzzled by the "Media" display on the ICC though. I expected "Phone" or "Mobile"

• Lifetime Members

heres how I ended up mounting my phone, used a single 8mm bolt that hold in the ICC.

phone mount 1

phone mount 2

And heres what the ICC display shows during a call

ICC display during a call

BTW - its pretty cool actually. The volume setting is independant of other modes so you can have the CD really loud and the phone at normal levels without having to reach for the volume control when the phone rings

• Lifetime Members
Dave,

I love your XR6 nokia logo, where did you get it?

Could you maybe send it to me?

Member Djelibeybi created the logo. :D

• Brendan Dennis
  • Member For: 21y 6m 3d

Richdave,

Do you have the pin outs of the plug near the fuse box for the phone kit.. I want to wire mine in myself. I have the set up I had in the AUII XR6 and after seeing how the kit was origionaly installed by a Pro!? I want to do it my self as it was a crap job (in the AUII). I have tried to contact Ford customer centre but they do not have the info..

Any info would be apreciated.

• Lifetime Members
Richdave,

Do you have the pin outs of the plug near the fuse box for the phone kit..

Mate, the installer had not done a BA install before so he looked the info up in the manual and found it there. Let us know if you cant find it there and I'll chase it up for you

• Brendan Dennis
  • Member For: 21y 6m 3d

Richdave,

I have checked the owners manual o. (the one that comes with the car) On page 87 all it shows is where the plugs are. No other info than that. Your installer must have a workshop manual. Can you see if you can chase it up an either photo copy the page or post the info please.

From the manual it seems to have 2 plugs. I do not have mine yet so I can not tell if the plugs have the info on them. All I need is the Pos, Neg, Ignition, Radio mute, and audio in for the speaker.

2 weeks to go...

Thanks.