ute register

Cobra

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 7y 11m 5d
On 9/23/2012 at 8:52 AM, dangreene said:

Hey guys,

Had a few XR6 turbo's in the past but was time to make the upgrade to an F6.

ZF Auto

335rwkw

X-force 3.5"

Injectors

Cooler pipes

20x8.5 & 20x10" rims (295 rear tyres)

GT Bonnet

XYZ coilovers in the front, reset leafs and koni shocks in the rear

bagged in the rear

fully optioned

aftermarket stereo

DSC_5409_zpsb009e164.jpg

Just wondering what wheels are on this? Anyone know?

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 8y 4d

Just got myself a 2013 Turbo Ute, FG MKII. :dancing:

68,xxx kms.

Factory optioned with the following:

•  With Driver 4 Way Pwr.Seat Adjuster
  •  With Front Side Air Bag Restraint
  •  With Driver Air Bag
  •  With Passenger Air Bag
  •  8 X 18"(Style 3)5 Spoke Alloy Wheel
  •  Dunlop Tyres
  •  With Standard Engine Cooling System
  •  With Extra Engine Cooling System
  •  Euro Stage 4 Emissions
  •  FPV Suspension
  •  Rear Axle Limited Slip Differential
  •  4 Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System
  •  With High Series Brakes
  •  Traction Control With IVD
  •  With Speed Control

Last owner took the 18" wheels off and replaced with 19" dark argents. Might swap them for something different but they are growing on me. Would like more rubber on the back.

Hard tonneau with LED lighting.

Leather seats.

Airbagman rear suspension with compressor controls behind rear seat. (Trying to find out if it's regular or lowered kit)

More I've probably forgotten....

20160618_124726.jpg

20160618_124735.jpg

20160618_124819.jpg

20160618_132544.jpg

20160618_132640.jpg

20160618_132705.jpg

20160618_132734.jpg

Sorry about death by picture but I'm excited. :)

• Member For: 8y 4d

Cheers mate, not too much as I commute 600-700 kms a week to work and need reliability and some form of fuel economy plus I've just gained a mortgage and want to build a house so less free coin.

Some extra lighting.

Tie down points in the back for my bike.

Storage containers behind the seats or an amp and some more audio gear, still to decide.

I like modding things, nothing I have is stock so the bug will bite me eventually and I'll probably do a bit of engine work. Time will tell.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 30d

Mate I do over 1000km a week.

The blocks are built to travel.

Right tuna ans mods will make it a better car all over.

Also my fuel is only 40km less a tank but give it a hiding and 150+km less a tank.

3-5k will get a big smile happing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 20d

Time to quit lurking and post after three years on here trying to read every tech article (so much great info)

Anyway the Ute - 

Silver FG XR6T Auto

2nd Owner

Stock engine/driveline (afaik)

18" cheapy ebay rimz cuz tightarse

HID Headlamps (Hi/Lo's only atm)

Polk Audio speakers and Pioneer under seat sub- sounds better than factory. (like that's a big ask)

Dynamat everywhere - I went nuts with this stuff, anything that creaked or sounded tinny got the treatment. Worth every $ and time spent.

Not sure if original exhaust - very "droney" if that's a term so I got a resonator put on that stopped that sh*t real quick. Happy with the sounds it makes. (to the point of winding down the window some evenings just to enjoy the induction noises)

Was my daily driver now I have a work car I'm starting to think about being nice to it.

Stuff I'd like to do -

FG Mk2 touch screen - if the outside temp issue gets sorted this will be first cuz can never have enough tech LOL

Brembos. Prob 4's on the front - not sure they'd fit under the dodgy rims. Good excuse to get some decent ones maybe. Then...

Throw it on a dyno and see how it's performing - for an old guy I think it's pretty wicked as is but I'd like to really know a few things - is it actually stock? Is there basic sh*t wrong that needs fixing? I'm not going to be tracking it or running it over the 1/4 mile; I just enjoy the horsepowers when I want to enjoy them.

Maybe tune it up a bit - again nothing crazy, I like my licence and I have a pretty decent bike that's more than capable of destroying said licence if needed. But more rwkw's - who doesn't want that???

More stuff...

Remove roofliner and chuck in more Dynamat - did I mention I love this stuff?...and mount up the sedan/territory sunnies holder so I don't keep losing the f&*kers.

Match the high beams colour temp with the HID's. Why haven't I done this yet? =Lazy, lets be honest

Prob lots of other minor electrical/techy stuff cuz I get off on gadgets lol - GPS, Reverse Cam, ODBC display (decent one not the POS that someone installed before I got it) auto window winders etc.

Better sound - that in itself will be a project. Will depend on how the touch screen change over goes.

Stuff that's gone wrong...

Front disk hotspotting - Didn't think I was THAT hard on em?

Read disks warped - was told by dealer I had bent an axle pulsing breaking at low speed- took to a machine shop they said yeah is sliiiiightly bent n we straightened it but doubt that's your issue - didn't fix pulsing, took to a good mechanic who machined them - prob fixed.

Drivers side tie rod end  - noticed a very faint clunk from front end on occasional low speed mild cornering. Jacked up front and drivers wheel had a good 20mm side to side play in it. Nearly freaked out it was so bad. Straight to dealer fixed under factory warranty. They said they'd never seen anything like it. I thought about some of the more spirited drives thru the hills and how the hell did I never notice it???????

A/C cutting out randomly in summer....Heard about two other FG's doing this and both from slowly dying batteries. Same issue with mine. Would start perfectly fine, maybe a little sluggish but nothing bad (I'm a ex- auto sparky of 7 years in the trade, I know dodgy batteries) so anyways new battery (after checking charge rates and drains) and no more A/C issues. 

Other than that - Ute's awesome. Best car I've owned brings a smile to ya dial every drive and that to me is what it's all about.

/End long winded first rant-post.