ute register

Cobra

• Member For: 15y 1m 26d

Hey all, second Falcon, originally had G6ET but life got in the way.

Just picked up this 2010 50th Turbo ute in Sunburst.

Looking at changing rims as 20's aint my thing.

its lowered on reset leafs and lovells springs.

Have a few little mods happening soon.

10649637_10203695987893105_2665137875936

10609458_10203695987493095_4381382044270

Edited by ovaxitd
  • Like 2

• Member For: 9y 7m 4d

2011 xr6t with leather..

plasmaman pipework, cooler, surge 044 , injectors Bov, Dump and cat. Tuned on 98 to 20psi peak settling to ~17psi. Tuned ZF.

20140615_112200_zps10ec2a52.jpg

20140615_112325_zps86ccc6eb.jpg

20140817_125637_zps85902232.jpg

also run torque app through icc to display stuff which is a bit different.. have fiddled with the layout since this pic.

20140822_171729_zpscf5wljug.jpg

• Like 3

• Member For: 10y 2m 22d

not a bad work truck mate ,but you would be better of with a alloy tray . will swap you mine if you would like .

P1010055_zpsc28a3029.jpg

[/urlP1010047_zps134fd9cc.jpg

P1010053_zpsd7e49fe2.jpg

P1010058_zpsbc714fd6.jpg

na, I could not swap you mine . I need a work truck my self ,and your show ute just would not be practical for what I use my ute for (hunting Lions )

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 18d

BF F6 #0197 is possibly up for sale. Thing makes ~425wkw and is f*cking mint. ~28,000k on it. Facebook FPV registry is where you'll find it. If I had the scratch I'd buy it hands down

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 9m 3d

Bought a BA XR6 Turbo ute at auction a few months ago. Figured I'd try it out. Keep it if I used it enough or sell it if I didn't take to it.

Took to it... a lot. Having a blast.

Now I want more. More power, 6 speed transmission, Brembo brakes and a few other things.

Found a 2006 FPV Tornado at auction, so went and bought it today. Not the bargain of the century but I did ok.

It needs tidying up. Looks like the previous farmboy owner wasn't really into keeping things clean. Getting that dog hair out is going to be a bunch of fun.

Tornado #164 is currently looking bloody terrible, but will improve over the next few weeks.

If anyone has suggestions for someone in Perth that can cut/polish/whatever the bodywork then let me know. Also open to suggestions about getting all that &^%$# dog hair out of there (tempted to just replace the damn carpet).

I’ve got front and rear Brembo calipers in being powder coated at the moment, so they’ll be going on the F6. The current Brembos will then get powder coated and sold.

The Bilstein shocks that I’ve got sitting in the carport will probably go on this thing soon.

Not sure why the LH door card is off but at least it’s there. The handle on the RH card will need some plastic welding but at least it’s repairable.

No keys or books with it at all. Luckily, I already had some spare BF key blanks at home. Dropped them off at a locksmith who will get the cutting codes from Ford and hopefully have the keys cut tomorrow afternoon. Then I’ll get them coded to the car and get it mobile.

It’s going to need a radar detector and laser jamming setup as well (legal here in WA).

If anyone knows the previous owner then I’d love to get in contact with him.

XR6_Turbo_Ute_23_10_2014.jpg

To:

FPV_Tornado_Ute_01_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_02_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_03_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_04_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_05_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_06_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_07_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_08_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_09_19_11_2014.jpg

FPV_Tornado_Ute_10_19_11_2014.jpg

Edited by PhilMeUp
  • Like 2

• Member For: 9y 7m 8d

Personally (and I may be biased here) I think the Tornado will be a collectable item in the near future. The Tornado's name only being in the BA - BF rage, with low build numbers, the demise of the falcon and short life span of the F6 range, maybe not the most collectable car, but certainly rare and unique enough to hold its own. With a few parts available (atm) and their low market value its a buyers market.
Good luck. I feel your pain with buying a car that wasn't really looked after.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 18d

I'm with stupid ^^

Great to see another ute saved but f*ck that's in a miserable f*cking state. Almost need a whole new interior.

I'll ask around, I've got a mate at ford (gtown) that knows an ex line worker that makes & recos seats, does speciality fpv leather work I think

• Member For: 9y 7m 8d

Should scrub up all right mate, but I hope you didn't spend all your pennies cause it looks like it'll need a couple more.
Is that a premium stereo ICC? Looks like it has lowered suspension too.
Pity youre in WA, I have a hard lid for sale you could've had.

Plans? How much are you going to do yourself?

• Like 1

• Member For: 15y 9m 3d

Should scrub up all right mate, but I hope you didn't spend all your pennies cause it looks like it'll need a couple more.

Is that a premium stereo ICC? Looks like it has lowered suspension too.

Pity youre in WA, I have a hard lid for sale you could've had.

Plans? How much are you going to do yourself?

Nah, don't want a hard lid. Don't see the point of them. Too much hassle trying to get a motorbike in and lay it down sideways under the hard lid. I'll actually be putting the soft tonneau buttons on the outside and keeping a soft tonneau folded up behind the front seats. That way I can carry motorbikes but have instead shelter if I'm carrying other stuff in the and it starts to rain.

I'll have a go at the carpet. Did some Google searching and found solutions such as rubbing a rubber glove over it to make the fur bunch up into a ball that can be vaccummed up.

New carpets are on eBay for $165 plus $25 postage (ie $190 total), so that's a likely option. Would mean a bit of work stripping the interior, but would ensure zero dog hair left.

The dashboard, console, etc, will be a matter of a bucket of water and various cleaning stuff (Eucalyptus aerosol spray is good for this sort of stuff).

The interior handle on the driver's door card/trim is a bit loose and will require some plastic welding. I'll take it to a place that repairs motorbike fairings and see what they can do, but I also have a pair of BA FPV door cards here that I didn't put in the XR6T ute yet.

It's got the optional dual-zone ICC. Looks lowered, but I'll be raising it a bit - I need practicality. I've got some Bilstein shocks here that I hadn't gotten around to putting on the current XR6T ute yet so will get some new springs and put all that on.

I've got front and rear 4 piston Brembos in being powder coated. Should have all that back next week, so the FPV will have new-looking Brembos front and rear. I've got Hawk Performance ceramic pads sitting at Shipito.com right now.

The Earl's turbo oil line feed that never found its way onto the XR6T ute will end up on the FPV.

The SuperCharge MF50 battery (ie very high capacity battery) in the taxi is six months old. They last about 12 months in taxis, so I bought a new one for the taxi one today and the existing taxi one will go in the FPV. The MF50 has 650CC and 107RC for $130.

If I get restless in a few months then I'll replace all the control arm bushes, ball joints, shackle bushes, etc. Will probably replace the upper and lower radiator hoses, the drive belt, thermostat and a few other consumable things straight away (ie I get that stuff wholesale).

I bought a set of FG XR6 18" wheels last night to go on the XR6T ute for resale, and the ROH Flares that I've had on it will go on the FPV (ie I've got the same rims on the taxi and are Brembo compatible).

Hopefully the Tornado will be licenced within a week or two. It didn't come with any keys, but I should have some blanks cut for it tomorrow afternoon (locksmith is waiting for the cutting codes from Ford).

This thing will take some work, but nowhere near as much as the XR6T ute that I bought a few months ago. Lots of effort had to go into that one.

Auction price was $10,800, plus $1,000 fees for a total of $11,800. Not the bargain of the year, but 2006 Tornados are starting at $18,000 on Gumtree and CarSales.com at the moment. 94,000km on mine is pretty good for a 2006 car.

Overall, there's not much that's actually broken on this car (ie parts required). It's more of a labourious cleanup job that can be knocked out in a day or two.

Edited by PhilMeUp
  • Like 1