rear spoiler (wing)

Premium Sound

Leather Interior

6 spd Manual

19" wheels

Mods looking at in the future:

CAI - Big Mouth

K&N Air Filter

Wanting ideas for improving performance before any decision has been made for upgrade to power on the ute :3gears: . I am welcome to suggestions from anyone of the forum on what is out there and what is the better brand, am I getting my moneys worth etc.

Cheers fellas

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 8m 19d

Hey Guys

In Hobart TAS, Blood Orange '03 BA XR6. Standard apart from tint. Looking at Cold Air Intake and exhaust to start with and then Wheels and a bit more power.

Not doing too much cause its not a Turbo.

Edited by Joker_XR6

• Member For: 12y 7m 27d

G'day Gents. New member in Brisbane.

Last wednesday I traded my VE SV6 ute in on a White F6 ute. Have owned Expensive Daewoo utes for all of my 9 years of having a licence, and it was an easy decision to move over to the Blue Oval.

Picked it up last Night, and I'm in love- can't stop checking on it in the garage haha. Pics to follow, too busy cleaning and driving it at the moment though.

2010 Fg F6- white

Hardlid

Trayliner

Genuine matts

6 speed Auto

Only negatives I've found is

- roof lining- not wrapped completely around- looks like it's square cut with the edge- hope it doesn't come away

- tray is hollow/ tinny.

- glass has no seals around- just siliconed on. I may just be old fashioned.

Future Mods

-research on here anything I can do performance wise, without affecting warranty

- black BBS 19s

- less guard clearance

- screen mids for video, maybe reverse cam

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Hey All,

Just joined the forum (I've been a stalker for a while).

Just purchased an '09 FG XR6T Ute (Seduce Red).

It's bog stock while I figure out what I'm gonna do to it.. Location makes it hard for Nizpro as I'd have to travel a bloody long way..

Does anyone know if they offer a remote tune service using a data logger like some places do? I can get all the mods I want fitted locally but it's just the tune I'm worried about.

Also alot of mod forums no one really mentions the Cold Air Induction? Is SS Inductions Growler worth it or should I relocate the battery and get another system (if so who does this)?

Took it stock to a test and tune a few days after purchase.. Managed to run 13.87 @ 178km/h with shocking 60ft time (2.6s).. Old car was a subie WRX so I'm getting used to launching this beast.

Is there any advantage to redoing the headers with a set of pacemakers or anything? Or should I just focus on the dump pipe?

Cheers,

-Brendan

• Member For: 15y 1m 4d

Brendan you say you have a turbo so putting "extractors or pacemakers" would mean removing turbo. They are only used for n/a vehicles only. U should look for turbo back dump pipe.

Look around on here and many people are making Awsome power with STD exhaust as it is a pretty hood design from STD

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m

G'day thought I'd give this a go

Purchased my baby around 16months ago now

list of mods

exterior: Typhoon front bar, lowered with pedders sports rider all round, full nolathane bush kit through ute, 19" G Max Boston rims, hard lid with power bulge, ford wing, black alteza tail lights

interior: triple gauge holder, kenwood 7" dvd player, short shift kit, altrex steering wheel (like the FPV just with a flat bottom), XR floor mats, T18 window tint with custom flames, xr6turbo.com sticker (wicked piece of kit!), MTX audio speakers all round, 12" sony sub with amp (cuz we gots to hav the doof doof ulah!), blue interior light, I also spray painted every plastic panel silver as I hated that dull gray look!

Fuel: twin 044 pumps with surge tank (located under tray), adjustable fuel reg, process west fuel rail, 80lb injectors

Intercooler:Standard ford hot pipe, HDI intercooler, custom pipe work from cold side to throttle body, plazmaman plenum

Engine: Atomin 698-gt long engine (on the way yeehah! :buttrock: )

Clutch: mal wood option 5 (going to offer an awesome delivery of power to the nitto invo 305 tyres :3gears:

Turbo: rebuilt by MTQ (due to engine failure), flapper mod, bigger auctuator

Exhaust - 4" dump pupe, volvo cat body, 4" out with 1 muffler to a twin 3" dump tip

Future Mods List - well at the end of the day I am really wanting my ute to have 500rw/kw. So I know I'm going to need a bigger turbo and a decent intercooler and probably more pipe work done, but I just can not wait to get her back on the road, running outa time too as I am off to bathurst this year and this is my transport! But its going to be one hell of a ute when its back on the road with the new engine, turbo and clutch. Dyno tuning is going to be carried out by Dave Sheehy have only head amazing things about this guy!

One last thing to finish off the ext would be to get me a XR8 Bonnet, just to match the power bulge in the hard lid

that's about it :spoton::icon_ford: