kit choice & Newton's nightmare

Guest brutebogart

Guest brutebogart
  • Guests

well I don't realy know if I;m any better off on the question I ask , but I can tell there is a lot of pasionate people out there. I qould be classed as an old bloke at 49 but I still love cars ,I sold my 2002 rex to get my xr6 mainly I bought my wife a xls ute I was so happy with it I got out of the rex , I'm not disapointed I've done so. I'll keep an eye in this site cause of the people. hey peter sorry if I've caused any greif

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 20y 5m 11d
Are you saying that the vehicles are not street legal

SR-71 Blackbird, APS has always been up front and honest with the legal requirements. Our magazine advertisements have always stated that APS systems are emission legal and that an engineer’s report is required. The whole process of legal requirements has been up on our web site for months and months (http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/legalities.htm). We have endeavoured to ensure that the information is neither misleading nor ambiguous. In fact, we have had this discussion many times on this forum.

Regarding your question about APS PHASE II ¼ mile times, the ones that spring to mind are customer’s vehicles with 12.5 sec in a sedan and 12.6 in a ute run at Calder, though sorry, I don’t know what make of tyres they were running.

Peter

APS

I refer to your 12.9 pass that states entry into the 12 second club. We were looking at streetable cars can't claim 12.9 if on slicks as this is not a true measure against other cars. Say if motor mag or other mags used slicks on ss and then ran an xr6t against it on normal tyres I think that would be unfair and misrepresentive of the facts when comparing cars. If geea run his car on an ambient air temperature of 5 degrees c and recorded a time could we then compare it against an APS car run during the middle of the day at 35 to 45 degrees would you think this to be fair.

Dude you're really splitting hairs trying to get a win here aren't you?

So what is a street tyre? A dunlop sp9000, yes, a Mickey Thompson Sportsman, yes also! So by your arguement it would be fair to compare cars running these two tyres that are both street tyres?

Did Carl Lewis run 9.9secs for the 100m in his training shoes? NUP! But he is classed still a 9.9sec 100m runner.

There are always variables.

I have a car that runs 11's at Calder and is streetable.

Rachel Splatts car runs 5's and is NOT streetable.

Were your passes with or without slicks? I am not trying to split hairs you brought up the issue of streetable in this post. A car isn't streetable with slicks are they? I am just trying to point if these times were made on slicks then we can't believe the APS advertised comparison that puts the car up against the HSV GTS and CSU Mondo in the motor mag, when I read the motor mag I was sold. But if I had installed the kit and put it against my mates GTS and he was on slicks the 13.55 second quater it pulls would be less and me on road tyres, I would say I would have been embarrassed. There was only a small margin of difference between times of the GTS and Phase II turbo 0.62 of a second and even less with the CSU Mondo at 0.25. The car only just scapes into the 12 second bracket at 12.9 and I would say without the slicks it is no longer a 12 second car no mention of slicks in ad. Give Rachael Splat street tyre and see if the 5 second pass is still there. I would like to know what you car pulls without the slicks as a car with the amount of power you would surely struggle for traction. I would love to have car with your power and I have nothing against APS they have been so far my choice but I will do more research as I would like to make an informed decision and the only way is to speak with you guys. As for the Rachael Splatt comment you wouldn't put your car up against a purpose built drag car and say that’s fair.

APS AD

post-34-1082923060.jpg

Edited by SR-71 Blackbird

well I don't realy know if I;m any better off on the question I ask , but I can tell there is a lot of pasionate people out there. I qould be classed as an old bloke at 49 but I still love cars ,I sold my 2002 rex to get my xr6 mainly I bought my wife a xls ute I was so happy with it I got out of the rex , I'm not disapointed I've done so. I'll keep an eye in this site cause of the people. hey peter sorry if I've caused any greif

Brute I am in the same boat just need to decifer which is best for you as I am too. Try the www.fordforum.com it also may be of helpwith your decision. Would like to hear your experiences too when you get a kit.

Are you saying that the vehicles are not street legal

SR-71 Blackbird, APS has always been up front and honest with the legal requirements. Our magazine advertisements have always stated that APS systems are emission legal and that an engineer’s report is required. The whole process of legal requirements has been up on our web site for months and months (http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/legalities.htm). We have endeavoured to ensure that the information is neither misleading nor ambiguous. In fact, we have had this discussion many times on this forum.

Regarding your question about APS PHASE II ¼ mile times, the ones that spring to mind are customer’s vehicles with 12.5 sec in a sedan and 12.6 in a ute run at Calder, though sorry, I don’t know what make of tyres they were running.

Peter

APS

I refer to your 12.9 pass that states entry into the 12 second club. We were looking at streetable cars can't claim 12.9 if on slicks as this is not a true measure against other cars. Say if motor mag or other mags used slicks on ss and then ran an xr6t against it on normal tyres I think that would be unfair and misrepresentive of the facts when comparing cars. If geea run his car on an ambient air temperature of 5 degrees c and recorded a time could we then compare it against an APS car run during the middle of the day at 35 to 45 degrees would you think this to be fair.

Dude you're really splitting hairs trying to get a win here aren't you?

So what is a street tyre? A dunlop sp9000, yes, a Mickey Thompson Sportsman, yes also! So by your arguement it would be fair to compare cars running these two tyres that are both street tyres?

Did Carl Lewis run 9.9secs for the 100m in his training shoes? NUP! But he is classed still a 9.9sec 100m runner.

There are always variables.

I have a car that runs 11's at Calder and is streetable.

Rachel Splatts car runs 5's and is NOT streetable.

As for tyres how about testing them on the tyres the car fitted with from the dealer as motor test them. The times for the GTS are quoted straight out of the back of the motor Mag.

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 7d

All my times are run on the factory originals. On my last night at Calder the tyres were 24000km's old and nearly at the tread indicators. I have since replaced the rear tyres with some more of the Dunlop 3000's and the car seems to have a bit more grip.

I also have a mate who has a VX/VY (not sure which) GTS he drove mine and I drove his. His sounds better and has nicer seats. Mine goes alot harder than his, we both agreed to this it was that obvious.

Geea. :glad: