Recommendation for suspension for XR turbo ?

JZaff

• Member For: 6y 11m 15d

I'm a noob , no idea about suspension . What I do know is that mine is shagged . 235k and still using the original .

Can someone suggest something decent , maybe mid range that won't brake the bank ?

I'm just after comfort I guess , smooth ride . My car is just a drive to work car .

I do corner hard but I don't need something that is for racing etc

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

by what you've described, get some factory replacement stuff to get back the factory semi-soft ride. If you want something tougher on your lower back then a decent set of shocks and springs will help. speak to a suspension shop nearby where you live to get some options on shocks and springs.

good luck :spoton:

• Member For: 6y 11m 18d

If you don't want to lower it or if you do, you can get replacement King Spring and Monroe Shocks GT or KYB excel Shocks for good prices these days. Just make sure you get the right part numbers for the height you want. 

Edited by adams355

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 28d

I had KYB Excels with King lows (which is standard XR height) on my BA. Felt like a nice upgrade for corner stability and bump control, but not noticeably firmer for ride. As above, you can buy that stuff cheap as chips if you are fitting yourself.

My FG already had Koni Reds, Lovell springs and pretty big looking Whiteline sway bars on it when I bought it. Is reasonably firm ride and a bit low at the front but is fantastically flat through a bend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 7m 28d

You could try the following combo which is good for 450RWKW+ and 240KM/h (airport runway dash): Bilstein shocks, Kingsprings, Whiteline sway bars (Front 30mm) (rear 22mm) and neoprene bushes.  Add a 'true track' diff if the budget allows.