BA XR6T - No start issue

rapid6turbo

• Member For: 10y 11m 2d

Hi all,

I've picked up a BA xr6t, but it has a starting issue. I have had it started a few times & driven it around.

However most of the time it wont start. I don't believe it is the starter or battery.

Here is what I've tried so far:

With my OBD dongle I could connect to the car and clear DTC, this allowed me to start it once or twice.

I have removed battery terminal from battery and left overnight, then left key at ON position for 5 mins, this allowed me to start the engine a few times, however this trick isn't working now.

My OBD dongle will connect to other modules in the car such as BEM, IC, ABS. It will not connect to the PCM anymore.

Any suggestions? I have a feeling the PCM is faulty or an issue with the immobilizer. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Solid outcome :)

Get him to come on here (or tell you) and provide us a quick explainer that helps out the next person with a similar issue?

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 10y 11m 2d

With a cable tracer, he was able to send a tone down the wiring harness and located an open circuit. It was hanging on by a few strands, that's why it was hit and miss starting. This was repaired and PCM got its power back and starts every time.