Sign in to follow this  
adams355

High Flow Fuel Pumps

So, do all the high flow pumps (walbro etc etc) get the s#its with low fuel levels? I took my stock one out which was doing pretty well on 14psi and would only 'surge' with really low fuel levels 5% etc. First, I put in a second hand walbro GSS340 def genuine, and was getting bad surge at 15% and pinging on boost, so I decided that was shot. A good deal came up for an AEM E85 340lph, so I have put that in but I'm getting surge from about 15% again, no pinging on boost, seems very smooth, slightly less noise than walbro which is good. Is this everyones experience?

Happy Birthday Puff.

When ever I change pumps , I get my car on the dyno to check fuel pressure and AFR. With pressure change so can fuel ratio, as you saw with the second hand pump.

When I had no surge I never boosted under 1/2 tank. Now with surge I stay over 1/4.   Why would you let the fuel run so low. Just fill up at 1/4......

Just remember, road conditions CAN'T be replicated on the dyno. No rearward movement of the fuel away from the pickup.

Mine got progressively worse as the power went up. 

At the worst it was running out at half a tank but I'm pretty sure that was before I modded the return.