The Skid Factory - episode discussion

k31th

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Today's episode:

Sleek little bracket jobby for the brake booster. Such a minor thing required a fair bit of stuffing about to get it sorted. Smart thinking to not weld the new mounting plate all of the way around to allow for some flex :) Sikaflex FTW haha  lol'd at the entry into the fridge with the lemon squash :P

Pedal box shenanigans were lol-worthy. The jokes about the nuts, box, sockets etc were great :)

Awesome to find out they're joining in with drag-week and the cresta :) Should be epic :)

lol @ the sticker joke at the end

• Member For: 5y 11m 23d

Yep fiddly little brackets and things like that are so time consuming I find, and always make way too nice, and over engineered for what they are doing. Especially ones that are hidden away that no-one will ever see. Lucky they had a nice size hole in the middle of the ali block to mount on the lathe. Otherwise would've been a pain mounting in a 4 jaw chuck.

I reckon the colab in Canada they're doing with someone else will be Deboss Garage. That'll be a cool episode to watch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 11m 23d

The last 2 episodes... 

Was good to see the Fairlane hit the strip. Not too bad a times for a big car.

And yesterdays episode. Goddamn I love the RX3! Looking forward to seeing Woody's brass donkey collection too lol

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Yeah, must be a challenge to shift the column on that car to get it to an eleven. 

Fair dinkum, the build on that rx7 is farkin mint! :buttrock::3gears:

• 1 month later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Today's episode (ep12 of the barra powered bedford van):

LOL'd at the wheely's on the golf buggy and the method used to do it :pandalol:

Carolina Squat - Chad and his beast of a car looked sick with those massive rims and the epic dish on the orange monster :drool: and they recommended that it should go to Summernats haha

Nice "notched" bracket to fit the brand-spankin' new non-GM-actually-GM diff/axle setup haha

Loving the "lemon squash" gags they keep pulling. Millsy shows up with a small esky full haha, then leaves with a couple of "roadies" hehe. They definitely don't want too much sugar too early in the day.

Bent the chassis rail while hitting it with a sledgy to "adjust" the fitment haha

The billet coupling out of the gearbox looks like an interesting bit of kit.

Probably was a reasonable plan to put oil in the diff, haha

lol @ the stuff they're doing "for the rest of the day", Al doing is "memoirs" and Woody polishing his brass donkeys haha and Woody comes back with waxers arm haha

Cool little mod to make a power steering delete idler pulley setup.

Thermostat housing mod was pretty schmick, too. Heater lines and fittings are a better way to go, it appears, including the coolant turbo lines.

the many ribs against Ford's liberal use of loctite is a pretty funny thing, considering my own experience with it on the cars I've owned haha :D

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Yesterday's episode (ep13).
Good opening banter about dirt bike riding and Bathurst

haha first time off the hoist FTW for having wheels to be able to then open the door to get into the pedals area easier and the front wheel arch haha

definitely enjoyed the trying on of the wheels haha nothing fits except a dodgy "from nowhere" ones haha

Good bit of information about the "by-wire" throttle travel and later about the angle and positioning... I did drive a car with horrible positioning for over a 100km+ trip once... never again :)

10.5mm bolts holding the pedal box assembly in place haha, only 300 or so bolts you won't know how to remove :). quality occy-strap usage to hold the door open to get this job done by Woody

definitely... might need some rust inhibitor in that car haha

haha the bit bout the dash being a pain and to call 1800 fkn millsi for one :P

that crown motor 7m-gte was totally farked :shocked:

sleek little (complex? haha nah, yeah...) mod to the crown's brake pedal to fit in a lot better than the factory bedford brake padal and of course be heaps stronger in position, too :spoton:

lol @ the "being a painter is easy, I dunno what all the fuss is about" line :)
haha "you love the bedford, mate" - Al stares with distaste :P

must be able to get the feet into position to do a burnout on the brake, of course :P will it turn a tyre under power? I reckon it might just do it :P

Millsi being all like "bssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtutututututu" hahah, to test out the ZF input shaft, of course.

still enjoying the Lemon Squash gags :)

Nice massive 13-50 new pinion yoke to join up the tailshaft uni joint to the diff :spoton: lol'd at the "probably shoulda just tapped it with a hammer" after getting out the puller kit :P

lol @ the shock brackets being welded into place backwards and having to be cut off and re-welded back into the correct place haha

nice profit plans to win beers from the 15min platoon badge or a carton of beer :P I bet some of them watch TSF haha