dipstick

Goeers thoughts

The so and so's on another forum decided to ban me because I said the mustang was a 2 star coffin on wheels in an appreciation thread, I think its now a 3 star coffin because they added a reverse camera , blind spot warning, and 5000 dollars. Its still a death trap for any body in the back at speeds over 70 kmh. What a joke for a car that's been in production for 56 years. The janks can shove there ugly overpriced mustang where the sun don't shine. I will always drive a B, F series falcon. Anyway, I didn't really want to stay where I wasn't wanted or even liked. Most of the people on that site were up themselves. So that's why I came here for my car information, you guys have been great and make me feel at home, thanks guys.

The so and so's on another forum decided to ban me because I said the mustang was a 2 star coffin on wheels in an appreciation thread, I think its now a 3 star coffin because they added a reverse camera , blind spot warning, and 5000 dollars. Its still a death trap for any body in the back at speeds over 70 kmh. What a joke for a car that's been in production for 56 years. The janks can shove there ugly overpriced mustang where the sun don't shine. I will always drive a B, F series falcon. Anyway, I didn't really want to stay where I wasn't wanted or even liked. Most of the people on that site were up themselves. So that's why I came here for my car information, you guys have been great and make me feel at home, thanks guys.

I can better this story bro, I had just started working or ford and I wrote on my facebook, these new mustangs are terrible, my boss found out and sacked me on the spot, he asked "do you have somthing against the ford logo, I said nope not at all, but the mustangs are a piece of sh*t.

he didn't like you evedentally I bad mouth the company on my own private account.

^Surely, though, you can appreciate why he may have taken issue with you publicly posting something like that?

That is no way an excuse to sack somebody. He was just saying what he felt was the truth. That is going beyond taking an issue. Should be able to say what he wants when of the clock.

2 hours ago, Gun40t said:

I can better this story bro, I had just started working or ford and I wrote on my facebook, these new mustangs are terrible, my boss found out and sacked me on the spot, he asked "do you have somthing against the ford logo, I said nope not at all, but the mustangs are a piece of sh*t.

he didn't like you evedentally I bad mouth the company on my own private account.

You should of taken the *beep* to the unfair dismissal tribunal, or what ever its called.

Heaps of examples where unfair dismissal claims have fallen over in court and the dismissal was upheld. Can come down to what policies are in place, but most employers have this covered these days. Problem is that people know you work for company X and assume you have inside knowledge.

Other thing to be careful of is that lots of employees read social media pages as part of pre employment screening.

2 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

^Surely, though, you can appreciate why he may have taken issue with you publicly posting something like that?

in my opinion employers can F off out of peoples private lives unless the person has specifically named the employer in an online rant. 

it's pretty well known the mustang has a crap safety rating, I like them and I know this.

I prefer my mustang with a side of barra

Edited by skidxr6t

that safety rating was a red herring; have a read of this post which summed up John Bowe's appropriation of the issue at hand: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/44361-the-off-topic-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1648309

The mustang isn't actually an unsafe vehicle, it just got a bad rating based on circumstances out of control of Ford etc.

22 minutes ago, El Andrew said:

Heaps of examples where unfair dismissal claims have fallen over in court and the dismissal was upheld. Can come down to what policies are in place, but most employers have this covered these days. Problem is that people know you work for company X and assume you have inside knowledge.

Other thing to be careful of is that lots of employees read social media pages as part of pre employment screening.

Thank fk I was a brickie subcontractor my whole life (until the last car crash anyway) and never had to deal with bosses or productivity statement bullsh*t, or any fkn sh*t ever. Come to think of it, I had the perfect working life.

The mustang isn't actually an unsafe vehicle, it just got a bad rating based on circumstances out of control of Ford etc.
Problem Exists Between Steering Wheel and Seat

Haha - every other day there's a vid of someone losing it while peeling out of a driveway or even doing a standing burnout in a Mustang

4 minutes ago, k31th said:

that safety rating was a red herring; have a read of this post which summed up John Bowe's appropriation of the issue at hand: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/44361-the-off-topic-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1648309

The first model that people bought site unseen was only 2 safety stars. Ford new this but waited for thousands of aussies to put in there orders then released the crap safety star rating. Poor buggers had to wait 6 months and more after learning the dream car they just purchased was only 2 star safety rated. I have read on the net that back seat passengers get badly injured in anything over 70 kph.

3 minutes ago, Rab said:

Haha - every other day there's a vid of someone losing it while peeling out of a driveway or even doing a standing burnout in a Mustang

Yeh but that can happen to any car with lsd.

2 minutes ago, goeer said:

...only 2 safety stars....

buddy; click the link in the post you quoted and have a read.

Ok, I will get back after lunch.

7 minutes ago, Rab said:

Those bloody LSD's

:P

You submitted that while I was typing, the same thing.

1 hour ago, goeer said:

That is no way an excuse to sack somebody. He was just saying what he felt was the truth. That is going beyond taking an issue. Should be able to say what he wants when of the clock.

I don't profess to know the guy or the situation and make no judgement either way, but I'd bet my left nut that there's more to the story and he wasn't just sacked because of that reason alone - employers can't justifiably do that these days. Plus, I would hazard a guess that he probably signed some form of agreement within his contract as to what's reasonable to discuss with respects to his work/the company etc. If what he did was a clear violation of what he signed then it may well be an instantly dismissal-able offense.

46 minutes ago, El Andrew said:

^This. If you post things online then you essentially give up your right to privacy and can't then turn around and be pissed if someone uses it against you. You don't HAVE to post anything online - people seem to view it as a right, rather than the privilege it actually is.

27 minutes ago, skidxr6t said:

in my opinion employers can F off out of peoples private lives unless the person has specifically named the employer in an online rant. 

See my comment to El Andrew above. I do agree, to a point - but if you openly post something online then that's not longer your "personal" life, as you've chosen to broadcast it.

Perhaps the sorts of people and companies I've dealt with professionally means I NEED to have a different outlook on what is and isn't appropriate to express with respects to your employer, but you're a public representation of your employer, so it stands to reason that they're going to actually give a sh!t how that representation appears, and I can totally appreciate that.

Edited by .Stripes.

this is why everyone I know with a brain uses a different name online and doesn't list their employer anywhere. that way they can still sh1tpost online.

I know a cop that does this and he still sh1tposts all the time.

you make a good point about the fact you don't have to post anything online, people definitely act like they're entitled to say what they want without consequences.

The speech is free (for the most part), but the consequences of that speech you are not free from. It's a simple ethos to live by :)

33 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

...I can totally appreciate that.

hit the nail on the head with that post, I reckon :spoton:

49 minutes ago, k31th said:

buddy; click the link in the post you quoted and have a read.

Ok, I had a read and I do believe it was unfair to give the mustang 2 stars because it didn't have lane departure warning and auto braking, since most new cars still don't have these as standard. Now off to lunch.

Edited by goeer
double post

On ‎1‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, .Stripes. said:

Nope. I used to build houses for clients of builders and If I was subcontracting  for a builder that used inferior product and even used thinner walls than other home builders, missing cable trusts, and some wouldn't even use perlin clips ( these hold the fkn tin roofs down and stop them blowing away) unfkn believable what I have witnessed in my building career. There was even brickes doing the wrong thing. Not enough cement not enough wall ties and window and door straps not building the hop iron into the first course of brick piers the rapping it around the rafters and back down into the piers to be filled with concrete later so as to stop the roof flying away.( but the concrete was never supplied so we just filled them with mud (mortar) Coach bolts that where bashed through hop iron and rafters and beams and not tightened with a spanner. I would tighten my coach bolts so hard that sometimes they would snap.  Walls built out os square. If I was building with an unscrupulous builder  would tell the client the should of built with different company.   Although it was to late for these poor clients to change the builder maybe they could pass that information along to a friend or family who was contemplating building with the same sh*t uncompromising cowboy builders. No skin of my nose, I would just say seya if anything was said and leave the pricks in a lurch with a half finished house. The big builders think they have it over us, be we can always say you finish the fkn job. And if they did not pay me for my work completed I would drive around with a placard in the back window of my wagon, telling prospective buyers not to build with that buider because they pay there trades sh*t money and for that they get a sh*t job That made me feel kind of good to stand up to these pricks that think they can walk all over subbies. Some builders are good builders, and the majority I have never had a problem with. I didn't publicly post anything, I went straight to the horses mouth. If you cant stand up for what is right then your a pussy.

Edited by goeer
One comma misplaced.