Jonny tig VS 6Boost exhaust manifold

Hezabot

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d
8 minutes ago, Hezabot said:

I really wanna see 600 and I will not buy another turbo (at least not just yet), I need to get a bit more use out of this one.

When it's at or over 500 you won't be disappointed. It'll be wheelspin city at any legal speed from there up anyway.

• Member For: 7y 9m 4d
8 minutes ago, arronm said:

Both cars have FACTORY turbo.

There is more to it than a bigger flapper and a port job. Two mods can look the same but perform totally different .  

Im a fan of the factory turbos, my brothers old ba had around 280rwkw (also manual) would have eaten me off the line. The power of mine come on so late, feels lik sh*t at the moment down low. I wouldn’t take him till about 100 (about 3rd) I’d say. 

Funny that you mention that, when I initially picked up the turbo my tuner tested to see how well the gate sealed. Long story short, it didn’t! Water flowed through like you wouldn’t believe so I had to take it back to the guy I got it from and have it fixed. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I just realised that stuff I was going to pm you I actually posted in the diy tuning thread. Ignore the axis for the gears as that was a custom thing. The actual map has IAT as the y axis. The open loop map (in conjunction with underboost settings) is what you want to use to get your car on boost quicker. If you just chuck a bunch of 39's in the desired boost map then you should be pretty close to 19psi.

Your tuner may want to set up the hot part of the map differently but from 170 down you want the bigger numbers in there.

That's just the tune side of things though. Actuator preload will affect this too as well as other airflow mods.

At any rate it should help if this is the issue for the lag and will give you something to check.

• Member For: 7y 9m 4d

There’s a lot of stuff in that I don’t understand ahahha

30 minutes ago, arronm said:

You say boost is late. How much power you got. But late boost reduces wheel spin. 

384kw, defiantly has something to do with the tune. Getting 5 psi til about 3000 then it starts doing something. Hoping when re tuned it will do some thing.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah the wastegate could be stuck open and without seeing the car is just as likely. That happened to mine and a bit of bending and adjusting later it was sorted. There could be a hectic boost leak too for all we know.

@Hezabot That's all good if you don't understand mate. That's why we have various tuning shops that mostly know what they are doing!

If anyone else is curious those maps are only suitable for that turbo at 19psi though. They should not be loaded into a stock vehicle or even a tuned car with a stock turbo.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 4d

Only just saw this thread.  My territory had a very similar power curve (linear) but only after we had the turbo ported and flowed... turns out the flapper didn't close fully.  Took it off and took it into MTA and he straight away showed me the problem.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
On 28/07/2018 at 12:09 AM, Puffwagon said:

I'll send you a picture tomorrow if you like? 

I forgot to send a picture but I'll just post a 3rd gear pull that show the spool time as well as not boost creeping. It's at 21psi. Kpa to psi - 14.65 barometric pressure gives you manifold pressure. This is with a gen2 gtx3582r in a stock housing with a port wg and 38mm flapper.

YqqfTTX.jpg

P6nIA8g.jpg

Edited by Puffwagon
Just cos