Newly Purchased 2003 BA XR6T Manual

Foleyskids

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

These cars run full electronic boost control managed by the PCM. I think the overboost limit is about 1.5 psi over target before it all shuts down, so a boost tee isn't much good. Editing the boost, fuel and timing maps is the correct way to raise the boost.

But yeah, worry about that once your base problems are sorted.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 8m 20d

Hmm well I'll get her up on the dyno and see what they can do for me, but if it needs a tune and I'm paying $600 odd for one I may aswell slap some injectors in and run it on E85/Flex. Should pull 300ish atw surely. 

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Cat, fuel pump and injectors will do that on 98 no worries if the engine is healthy. You should get some advice first on what the 5 speed manual can handle though.

If you go E85 you will need to go dedicated E85, or flash a 98 tune when you needed. Flex will only work with an aftermarket ECU like Haltech.

• Like 2

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m
1 hour ago, Foleyskids said:

Hmm well I'll get her up on the dyno and see what they can do for me, but if it needs a tune and I'm paying $600 odd for one I may aswell slap some injectors in and run it on E85/Flex. Should pull 300ish atw surely. 

hellll yeah!

the tune will really bring out the best in your car. very quickly the weakest links will break and you'll endup with a beast.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 8m 20d

@hopper8 Thanks mate he sounds like the guy to see, is there an easier way to contact him? Facebook? 

I also got this reply from someone on a BA/BF FB Page. 

"Yeah that's the site mate, and I dare say the thrust bearing would be the culprit to the other problem, and you have to dump the gearbox off, I'm pretty sure because the clutch thrust bearing fork is all internal, I pulled the intake pipe off and sprayed throttlebody cleaner into a clean microfiber cloth and that fixed mine but your case might be different, it's easier doing the clean first as it's the cheapest option, because it might be gummed up with carbon and the sensor will get a false setting, if not that, it's worth just replacing the accelerator pedal potentiometer, hope you fix the problem dude, let me know how it goes, and if it makes you feel any better I am a mechanic by trade, so I'm not half assing these opinions."

• Member For: 6y 24d

I don't think he uses FB, I usually text him but I will let him hand out his own number to you. Initially I contacted him through this forum as I assume most do. Sorry I can't be more specific, I've never seen his number posted on the forum so I assume he prefers that.
@Jeturbo sorry to speak for you, correct me if I'm wrong!