My Old Girl

• Member For: 5y 9m 14d

I parked her up a few years ago when I lost my leg, got sick of seeing her just sitting around so have begun cleaning her up body is great, mechanically fine, black leather interior is schmick everything works so why not get her going again.

97CDB6A9-246D-46B8-A0C8-F27978679FE2.jpeg

Have to repaint skirt, got few wheel chair scrapes, have new skirt badges, ordered a set of black hockey stripes and bonnet decals for it, until I can find either a set of snowflake alloys or another set of wheels I like I’ll repaint the factory XR6 rims, I want the factory head light covers and bonnet protector, I have factory weather shields just not fitted yet! Interior needs nothing much apart from the headlining replaced and the passengers armrest replaced, horn pad is sunburnt on top edgeso it needs replacing

Mechanically stock, might fit under drive kit, slightly bigger injectors, turbo fuel pump, set of headers with 2.5 in cat back system, 3 core radiator, thatll do me until I find more things to do to it.

• Like 2

If I thought I’d get it back together I’d wheel her in the shed and strip her down to change colour, every second one is this bloody blue, Id like either orange or yellow, 

No matter how I tried to line the stripes up this was the only way they’d go on, luckily I have a second set if I decide to have another go I’m right, new coat of wheel silver and repaint the skirt, I have bonnet stripes to match, got a little spoiler type lip that sits above the rear window to go on,

No skids for me Im beyond that caper these days and I doubt the old girl would hang one unless it’s been raining lol but once I’ve done my engine mods the old girl might be capable of pulling something silly like a skiddy a line locker maybe 

5A8EFB12-8719-4B09-8669-2DC070B68503.jpeg

Very original leather interior apart from the saggy lining and missing passengers armrest my charming children busted in a door tug of war, little creeps lol there isn’t much I want to do inside , new lining, armrest when I find a trim I can scavenge one off, might fit a oil n temp gauge pod where the clock is and I want a set of leather ghia trims and console lid

52A278AB-FCF6-43E6-B1F5-93464FE6A5A0.jpeg

Theres a few minor things like switches that have worn markings I’ll change for new ones, like to change the top half to black but it presents a few issues like having to use vinyl paint on some plastic pieces that might wear and the sun visors, far as I know none of the BA models had black top pieces or did they?

Edited by Redlightandy

• 1 year later...