Head Liner n Interior Light

• Member For: 5y 10m 10d

My head liner is typically shot, any Canberra guys here know anyone locally that can do it without over charging, mine is pinned up, alive done one in a jeep years ago could maybe do myself, Id like to maybe change top half of trim to black as well.

The interior light on these are pretty ordinary, anyone retried something else in? I like the old Ford Ghia type chrome base with side lights.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d

Haha it's Canberra - will be crap quality and overpriced!

I looked into it for my EL a couple years back, and I think it was these guys I spoke to who sounded good. Was going to be about $400, but ended up selling the car.

https://www.stevesupholstery.com.au/

I also looked into DIY, but would probably get it done professionally I think. Might save a couple of hundred, but would be difficult to get a decent result.

Don't muck around with the spray adhesive stuff to repair it - the foam inside breaks down so the adhesive doesn't help.

With my old Cherokee I pulled the lining boards out sanded the crap foam off got some nice material from spotlight n did myself with no foam backing, it came out pretty good, I have seen you can buy the foam backed material, but I think I’d prefer a solid vinyl with a decent foam that will resist breaking down,, I want to do the top half all black, might go ezy scrap pull a lining out of a wreck n have an experiment

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d

Yeah good idea to grab a spare liner to practice on and experiment.

I'll look out for the Queanbeyan guy when my BA needs doing. Lots of stuff is cheaper there than in the ACT itself. Noticed when I installed the dashcam that a couple of spots on the leading edge were starting to lift.

I’ll give ya his name when I’m back on fb dude

Canberra has always been gay for anything Ford, them bloody dealers try to bum rape you every chance they get lol but I just found a dude up the road from me got a door trim for 30 bux so I can fix my passenger front door and a steering column for 100 bux with excellent ignition, Im happy now lol