A all fg bootlids interchangeable???

ToddyG6E

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 25d

Gday fellas, just a quick question for someone who might know. My 2010 g6e turbo had a moisture buildup under the factory bobtail spoiler, so removed it, with great difficulty,(bloody sikaflex!!) and anyway im now up for a new bootlid. In brissy and have rang everywhere up here and cant get a lightning strike colour one anywhere. Will all fg bootlids  fit my g6e? Cheers and can someone please let me know, I cannot find any info anywhere and wreckers dunno what will fit either.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

all FG bootlids are the same piece of metal, as far as I know (aside from what's on top of them and a trim on the inside/outside).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 23d

you may of just inadvertently answered the question to my post. my lip is lifting at the edges of on my G6ET. is it held down with just sikaflex?

why are you up for a new boot lid? did it get damaged while you were removing it?

I ask because I was trying to work out the best way to stick mine down again at the edges and if I have to remove the whole thing?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 25d

Cheers keith. I might just have to get a standard fg one, or xr6 if I really have to. 

Mastars, yeah mate DO NOT try and take it off. Double sided tape around all edges and sh*tloads of black sikaflex all inside the tape. I noticed a bit of my paint had a crack in it coming out from under the spoiler. So before it got any worse I thought id remove spoiler and get paintwork fixed and just reaffix the spoiler. No such bloody luck hey!!! When u try and remove spoiler, the silicone holds on that good, that it peels your paint away with it!!! So trying to get another, as cheaper then trying to repair damage but nowhere in brisbane has got anything apparently. 3 panelbeaters all rekon 7 to 8 hundred to fix. I <3 Bananas that. Just gonna wait and hope suttin comes up. Mastars I would just get something thin and flat to slide in on each end and push the tape outta way and then squirt some silicone in on each end. Def reccomend not removing it mate

• Like 1