I Think Not

Redlightandy

• Member For: 5y 9m 14d

I wanted to turbo my XR6 but reading these and sifting through eBay, I have decided bugger the turbo conversion be cheaper to convert to V8, I think Im now too old too be grovelling around under cars pulling motors out and what not, Im not totally ruling it out yet, My last resto was a 63 Compact Fairlane after I had to sell it I decided Id never go through that again, Im starting to get the bug again I love the 290 Boss with the shaker, but the Turbo Barra are just freaks! I need to win lotto lol

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

sell the n/a and buy either. they are dirt cheap. 

the v8's sounds awesome, the xrts are just quick. 

ive had my xrt for 6 odd years and now thinking of going to a v8, miss the sound and dont care for going fast anymore.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Its seems to me the more power you have the less you can use it. 

I tend to drive my 250rwkw SSVR everywhere , and I do enjoy the V8 note.  The power is perfect for a daily.. The TTG is a laugh to drive when you wipe the smile off some V8 drivers. 

BUT I couldnt drive N/A if its wasn't V8..

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

yeop I have 450ish and only use it while at the drags. but when I had mid 300's used it all daily.

a ss is a perfect daily which im thinking of going to or a xrt sedan with mid 300s. 

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

A VF SS and if you stretch to SSVR, is awesome and is such a better car than the falcon. Had mine 4 years now. 56Ks.  Modded since day 1.

I added Simmons, gunmetal.

U1MPyaF.jpg

On 6/16/2018 at 9:38 PM, Redlightandy said:

I wanted to turbo my XR6 but reading these and sifting through eBay, I have decided bugger the turbo conversion be cheaper to convert to V8, I think Im now too old too be grovelling around under cars pulling motors out and what not, Im not totally ruling it out yet, My last resto was a 63 Compact Fairlane after I had to sell it I decided Id never go through that again, Im starting to get the bug again I love the 290 Boss with the shaker, but the Turbo Barra are just freaks! I need to win lotto lol

Hi jacked your thread,  BUY the turbo...

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 5y 9m 14d
On 6/17/2018 at 3:18 PM, arronm said:

Its seems to me the more power you have the less you can use it. 

I tend to drive my 250rwkw SSVR everywhere , and I do enjoy the V8 note.  The power is perfect for a daily.. The TTG is a laugh to drive when you wipe the smile off some V8 drivers. 

BUT I couldnt drive N/A if its wasn't V8..

Yes your right why have a car that can shred tyres to bits and go faster then a missile when the bombers are out to ruin your fun, I too like the burble of a decent V8 and the Ford XR8s sounds pretty horny, just the Turbo Barra are so bloody qwick

On 6/17/2018 at 10:28 AM, k31th said:

Or just be happy with your N/A car. They're not bad on their own.

Yes the old girl is a good car just needs a tidy up and a few extra bits bolted to it, still a boy at heart lol