NA BF turbo build

Mr.rota

• Member For: 5y 9m 13d

I’m chasing some info with not much luck so far to build up a na engine to turbo for a Barra conversion I’m doing.

iv tried the search button and Facebook and not really getting my questions answered. 

I’m looking to go about 350-400rwkw

Valve springs I’m going to use plazmaman

apr head studs 

questions I have are:

1- iv picked up some bf f6 rods and piston, iv been told chuck some rings on while there out. Genuine?

If not what’s better only ones I can find are Hastings other wise the others all come with a forge piston kit. 

2- rod end cap studs reusable? 

3- is it worth chasing a turbo head and manifold or do just rip out the butterfly’s and off I go? 

4- head gasket, genuine? Permaseal (Repco)?, ceramic? 

5- injectors 1000 or 1500cc

6- oil pump will a genuine turbo keep up or should I chuck a atomic one in?

7- fuel pressure reg and fuel pump recomedations? 

8- will be putting a turbo zf behind it is it worth using a FG zf or are they no stonger  than BF, I think I have to swap over the mechatronic system or something?

• Member For: 8y 5m 20d

NA head is slightly different but can still be used. Will need billet oil pump gears put in, I'd change the intake manifold as the na one has the butterflies in it but no biggy there. You'll need a Walbro 460 intank pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 1000cc injectors should be enough. You'll need some way to control boost or swap out the wiring and ecu for a turbo model one.

ZF not sure about, I've still got my na one on mine and it's up to 190,000kms with 330rwkw and it's fine.

Would nearly be cheaper getting an FG f6 or 06/06 on XR6 turbo motor and doing valve springs, cheaper and it'll handle the power. Sometimes wish I had done that...

• Member For: 5y 9m 13d

Fg would be a easier option yes but already bought the bf doner car so may as well go along with that, pricing it up I’m probably only a grand or so out compared since 95% labour I’m doing my self 

guessing you don’t give the na zf to much berries or it’s just a lucky one ?