Instant Classics

Redlightandy

• Member For: 5y 9m 14d

As the full size Ford are no longer made, coz people wants SUVs these days, a piss weak excuse if ever there was one, does this mean cars like our XRs have become instant classics? 

• Haha 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

instant classic in my mind is an xr6t doing a skid.

they're so cheap now it's not even funny, but the good ones do go fast I think. when I sold my last one it went to the one and only enquirer.

• Member For: 5y 9m 14d

Natural attrition will surely diminish the ranks of the full size fords sooner or later, cant buy them new ever again,I have my dads 86 VK V8 commy Berlin’s in storage has been since he died 5 years ago, I haven’t even been to see it, it’s just appreciating in value but I haven’t got the heart to part with it, think I’ll be the same with my XR6, 

Do you sit and think if I had a brain I should have put a few those away and wait for the big pay day? Im thinking that right now with the amount of registerable and driveable XR6 s turning up at scrappers / wreckers and you can get them cheap, this happened with the old XW and Y GTs the XA and B GS and GT was a time you couldn’t give them away and now look where they are.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

That's a better plan. Debatable of course, but Wheels actually rated the BA XR6T as the third was significant car in Falcon history.

I doubt they will ever be worth mega bucks though.