Fuel pump upgrade

Benji81

• Member For: 5y 10m 27d

Am ordering valve springs for my bf 

Going to order a upgrade fuel pump aswell 

From what I have read the walbro 255 is the go 

Is there a part number for the correct one that fits in falcon?

Aiming for 300rwkw will this pump be enough?

Thanks benno 

Or maybe one of these 

http://www.vpw.com.au/Category/Index/357687

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d
  • FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 29d

yeop go a complete new drop in. you get all new filters and bits n bobs too.

dont bother pulling the old one apart too fiddly and waste of time. 

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 11m 22d
1 hour ago, arronm said:

I was looking at this one from same store. Yes, no, maybe. I had the GSS340 in the big pod but it would hesitate under hard throttle at less than a 1/4 tank of fuel.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FALCON-BA-BF-XR6-TURBO-F6-FPV-SNIPER-320-LPH-E85-98-PERFORMANCE-FUEL-PUMP-ASSEM/292332706217?hash=item44106319a9:g:Ek4AAOSwoR9aDN-s

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

I have  the big pod with 460 in 400rwkw F6 on 98. less than 1/4 tank no issues. Racewars 24 seconds full throttle.

My other F6 has intank 460 in stock pod with single peirberg on process west surge. 470rwkw on E85 less than 1/4 tank no issues.

How much power you got? Iam not familiar with that 320 LPH pump. According to walbro only their 460 is E85 compatible.

More needs to be modified to the pod than just being big, especially the return..

Look at the design of the fuel tank. Under hard acceleration all the fuel moves rearwards and upwards. Pod has reduced  fuel at the pickup.

that's why an external surge is really the best option on high power cars. But the big pod (volume) does seen to solve some of the issue.

m0MZH9S.jpg

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d
10 hours ago, adams355 said:

I had the GSS340 in the big pod but it would hesitate under hard throttle at less than a 1/4 tank of fuel.

If that was happening, you needed a surge tank. A bigger pod would just mask the issue.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 28d
I have  the big pod with 460 in 400rwkw F6 on 98. less than 1/4 tank no issues. Racewars 24 seconds full throttle.

My other F6 has intank 460 in stock pod with single peirberg on process west surge. 470rwkw on E85 less than 1/4 tank no issues.

How much power you got? Iam not familiar with that 320 LPH pump. According to walbro only their 460 is E85 compatible.

More needs to be modified to the pod than just being big, especially the return..

Look at the design of the fuel tank. Under hard acceleration all the fuel moves rearwards and upwards. Pod has reduced  fuel at the pickup.

that's why an external surge is really the best option on high power cars. But the big pod (volume) does seen to solve some of the issue.

m0MZH9S.jpg
I have the same big pod with walbro 460 in my car and at racewars it surged on e85 at about 800 meters with the fuel gauge showing a little under 1/3 tank. Are you saying you were doing the 1000m runs with 1/4 tank and no issues?
I did a skid first and then launched pretty much straight away so wonder if I just drained the whole pod?

• Member For: 19y 7m

The 460s are known for melting fuse holders and this resistance can cause surge like symptoms.

They can run up to 20odd amps and the wiring kits needs to be of the highest quality.

The in tank pod also recives the return fuel flow so it’s impossible to drain the pod unless your out of fuel. Surge on a 3rd of a tank if the flow is correct on the pump should’nt in theory occur. In saying that fuel systems are complicated to spec out correctly and problems can and do occur.

One 460 at around 400rwkw on e85 is about as far as you would want to push it IMO. On paper it should do more but at that level it should have head room left over for a good safety margin.

Check your wiring system/fuse setup Lennox.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 28d

Yeah thanks I thought it was pretty unusual cos I still had so much fuel. Thought maybe it was the higher sides of the swirl pot but I guess not

The odd thing is though that I filled it up and it was all sweet again

Has never happened again since