Leak help!

LazyBrennan

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 24d

With the stalling issue thrown into the symptoms Id check afr's but I'm thinking cam timing. With no turbo on the engine at all it shouldn't stall so at this stage I wouldn't look there which either leaves a tuning issue or a mechanical fault You've checked compression so no bent valves or pistons, check what the fuel is doing & if that's reasonable move on to spark but I would expect it to miss, then check your valve timing but start with the fuel system (with a scan tool it's easier- AFR's STFT etc..) The stalling issue is what is the biggest symptom to find out why (I'm suspecting a mechanical fault )

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 29d

A bit of an update.

I had the rocker cover off yesterday and the timing looks fine and the chain is fine. 

We chucked a known working throttle body on today. With the key on (Car not started) on the logs shows the throttle body fully open when putting my foot flat down on the peddle. We went for a drive and on WOT the logs shows its not fully opening. So seems to have an issue somewhere going on there.  On a 15 psi tune only getting 11 psi still.