Haltech Falcon plug & play discussing thread

FiftyOne

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Seems unlikely haha, but you never know. I love accurate feedback, though. Shops don't often give realistic feedback (or prices :stirthepot:)

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

I think it will take a while for feedback to trickle through. all the big builds will be getting them, but id say some will be waiting for a few guinea cops to go first before handing over 3k ahaha

• Like 2

• Member For: 19y 6m 5d

I don't really see the problem with jumping onboard early. The Haltech Ford plug in ECU uses the ESP software and is based on the Elite 2500. Both of which have been out for ages. However you can't just get anyone to setup and tune this ECU. You really do need a top tuner to get the best out of it.

Or you can learn to do it yourself, which I wont be doing.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

Just an observation and I could be wrong (but doubt it haha), however I’m pretty sure they have got the t-map sensor scaling wrong in their base tune.  I’m 99% sure the stock t-MAP uses the Bosch characteristic curve 1, whereas Haltech appear to have based their scaling on curve 2 (0.5 & 4.5v).

If you reverse calculate from Ford’s scaling they definitely use curve 1 (0.4 & 4.65v). It won’t make a bees dick of difference unless you tune it on the 2.5 bar and then later move to a 3+ bar and input the correct scaling. 

Edited by IH8TOADS