2010 G6E finally getting tune and mods!!!

ToddyG6E

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 25d

Hey fellas, havnt written anything for a while, so thought id let yas no what shes goin in for on friday. Fu::in excited as too hey. Also finally got me gauges in, cheers to the fellas that helped with that. So far shes stock standard except for ss inductions cai and a big mouth kit. 89000k’s also. Shes goin in to get injectors, process west stage 2 cooler, fuel pump and a venom high flow cat. Oh and the tune and xcal4 of course. Cant wait ta see how she travels after its done hey. What sort of predictions do yas rekon on power?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

ahh, that excitement... :)

300kW if you're lucky, more likely around 285kW I'd guess.

pics and/or vids are a must :spoton::icon_ford:

• Donating Members

Gday mate, yeah the days seem to be dragging ever since I booked her in last week. Feels like ive been waiting months!!lol. I was hoping for 300 hey. What do ya rekon I need ontop to make it there safely?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

it totally depends on what your tuner thinks your engine and driveline can handle. You might need a turbo actuator or valve springs, depending on how much boost and the condition of the springs.

• Donating Members

Yeah ok cheers. Was thinking valve springs also. Not in the package thus far, but when I take it down on friday  I’ll have a better talk to tuna and go from there. For the mo I wanna keep standard turbo, but next year def upgrade on the cards. But would like to get everything done properly now so upgrade is more straightforward. See blokes having to change there set ups each time they get more power. Would rather pay bigger coin now on things, ready for future proofing. Realise im gonna have to bite the bullet on some things but. Whats an actuator worth mate? Havnt had a chance to look. Also how long does it take to do valve springs?hopefully can get tuna to do these also on fri+sat while hes got the car. Cheers

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

valve springs are cheap to buy, but expensive in terms of labour to fit them as they take most of a day's labour to get 'em done. Actuator is tricky to fit, but is cheap to buy at aroud $150.

• Donating Members

Cheers for that keith. Think tunas day is gonna b full doin the other mods, but I’ll def have a chat to him about upgrading and when he can do it. Also after some original ford 19 inch rims if anyone knows anyone? Have had a look around at wreckers ect here in brissy, but nothing any good. Mine has the original 18 inch on em, but after seeing some blokes 19’s, they made me wanna change. Dont know what the rim name is, but the ones with like 20 spokes or whatever u call them. Mine have the 7 “spoke”. Def dont look as good. Must come out standard on certain g6e’s. looked on ebay and few peeps selling singles as spares, but they want 4and 5 hundred a pop. Fuc! That. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

only really needs a re-tune if the current valve springs are not up to the task of the first tune (it's a toss-up whether they'll be good enough straight out of the factory).

as time goes on, it'll be harder and harder to find good factory spares. Aftermarket copies of rims are just as good in terms of longevity and looks, so have a look at those options if you want, as they're usually considerably cheaper than trying to purchase from a wrecker for a rare-ish item.