Exhaust size 500kw.

Goeer

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 2m 4d
On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, arronm said:

Your exhaust will look like this, I doubt x-force would make 2 inch for your  model... It should be twin 2.5 which will be ok for 400rwkw.

V8g3gxjXwWVryLR70hZ5PY06Rp8J7Qzb8tnobUMq

If I eliminated the centre box in this system for one would it be legal, and for two, would it be quitter. At the moment my parents wont even ride in my car because its so load. It sound like a supercar just at start up. And to be honest it the loudest car that I have ever owned. It sounds great down low and up high, but in the middle there is a slight drone. The only way to get rid of the drone is to kick it down but that gives my parents a heart attack. Would removing the centre  muffler alleviate the drone and possibly make the system quieter or should I get a whole new system when finances permit. And that could be 6 months down the track.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 24d

Removing mufflers makes it louder.  It will kill power a bit, but to quieten it change the cats from say 100 cell to 200 cell.

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 2m 4d

Ok thanks, I will ask my exhaust guy and do some research on the cats. I suppose I am right in saying that the 200 cell cats flow better than the 100 cell. The add did say I had high flow cats, but what they are I don't know.

I suppose I will just have to get it on a hoist and see what the guy at the shop says,

Edited by goeer
mistake

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 24d

Its the other way around. the less cells the better flow. Maybe your cats have no cells in them at all????

remember you do have TWO....

Cat_comparison.PNG

100 cell 

universal-100-cell-sport-cat-catalytic-c

On the way to NO cells, this makes car REALLY loud.  

metal_domestic_failure.jpg

Edited by arronm