BF 20" 275/30Z/R20 offset question

XR6Twannabe

• Member For: 11y 2m 23d

Hi guys,

I just purchased a BF II XR6t which came with 20" Simmons and 275/30ZR20 tyres on the rear (245 front).

The inside of the rear wheel and tyre seem very close to the chassis/suspension, to the point I can barely fit a finger between it.

I'm thinking I need to roll the guards and apply some offset but not sure what the best amount of offset would be for this car and wheel/tyre set up?

I was thinking of leaving the front as is, or would it be wise to offset the front also?

Lastly - when people say "+22 offset", is this referring to millimetres? 

Thanks in advance.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

We ran that size on a BF with 20 x 10 , clearance was 2mm to the rim/control blade, never touched. Dont stress.  The higher the number +mm (offset) the closer the wheel sits to the inside of the car.

wheel-offset-diagram.jpg

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 11y 2m 23d

ah, thanks for clarifying.. so using something like a spacer actually provides negative offset..

so even though the wheel and tyre are only a few mm from the control blade, would there be any other benefit of applying negative offset? more grip? better looking stance?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Yep, a spacer takes away offset numbers.

Nope, no benefit other than how it "looks". But comes with a bunch of potentially bad negative side effects like instability, increased wear, illegality etc. People usually use spacers to run wheels that don't actually fit to start with.