GTX3584RS

Zlat347

• Member For: 19y 6m 26d
On 4/21/2018 at 5:36 PM, Puffwagon said:

Apparently they fit with modification to the turbine housing.

Still, Garrett is saying that the turbine wheel is different...Maybe they don't know what they made?!

I can confirm that the GTX3584RS will fit the Ford 1.06 turbine housing. The housing needs to be machined out at the turbine inducer side by 4mm and then it will fit.

The specs are incorrect on the Garrett website (maybe deliberately). It uses a different turbine and compressor wheel and also has different trim values. It's a genuine upgrade from a GTX3582R, more flow potential on both hot and cold side of the turbo in a 35 frame package. I just bought one for my new engine build, should spool just as fast if not faster then a 3582, and make more boost everywhere too. Looking forward to taking this to 600RWKWs

• Member For: 9y 11m 28d
11 hours ago, Typhoon said:

I can confirm that the GTX3584RS will fit the Ford 1.06 turbine housing. The housing needs to be machined out at the turbine inducer side by 4mm and then it will fit...

Will fit a 1.06 rear housing, but way too much back pressure if keeping the internal gate.

External gate setup should be ok.

The turbine wheel is something of interest. 9 blade and the profile keeps alot of the weight of the wheel closer to the center near the bearing so not to load it up too much.

Procharge in Sunbury now offer turbine wheel that is almost identical, they spent a bit of time doing the R&D and then comparing with the 3584RS wheel I believe.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 11m 29d
13 hours ago, Typhoon said:

I can confirm that the GTX3584RS will fit the Ford 1.06 turbine housing. The housing needs to be machined out at the turbine inducer side by 4mm and then it will fit...

Were did u buy the supercore? Cant find one anywhere?

• Member For: 19y 6m 26d

would have go external gate!!

I can help you with a super core if you need one send me a PM and I’ll point you in the right direction.

I though you wanted to go vband?

maybe you should just get a complete unit?

• Member For: 20y 2m 5d

Just to throw a curve ball at you. GT4294 with a 1.15 housing. Drivabilty was absolutely beautiful... won't make more than 500rwkw because it's the smaller frame 42 but with a loose converter it's better to drive imo than a 35 with a car of your weight. A friend of mine has a barra with a standard bf turbo on it motor in his VL and with a th400 and it lights tyres at any speed anytime.

• Like 1