GTX3584RS

Zlat347

• Member For: 5y 11m 28d
2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

You move to a bigger A/R when the back pressure to boost pressure ratio is unacceptable.

Here is a yootube clip that just showed up on my feed that is relevant to this conversation.

Edit: The clip also shows before and after data logs

that's a really good video. Thanks mate.

Probably not a bad idea especially with converter and such a light car the turbo comes a little later otherwise will torch the tyres  ery easily am I right in saying that? 

Looking at the charts comparing the 3582r 1.06 vs 3584rs1.01 the 82r seems to be a better turbo flow wise

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

If it can flash to 3500rpm it should torch the tyres either way, as that is where the boost threshold is give or take. Obviously you don't have to floor it everywhere though.

Just by looking at the numbers I think there wouldn't be much in it when you drive flat out, considering the trans and converter. Also you are running an external gate from the manifold which will alleviate back pressure more than an internal gate would. This is why I would lean toward the smaller one in a street driven car as it will help when you are at part throttle.

From here you would really need some actual data as we can only work out a certain amount from the specs of the turbo etc. If you check the housings back to back you might have a result like that video.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

If you go the 1.21 you will have some extra up your sleeve and it will help slow the boost delivery, but only marginally. With that turbo and E85 you wont need much boost for 450.

I reckon go the 1.21. Turbine wheel on GTX 3582 and 3584 are the same

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
18 minutes ago, arronm said:

Turbine wheel on GTX 3582 and 3584 are the same

Here is a quote from the Garrett website that I linked earlier for the rs in this thread;

"A brand new high horsepower turbine wheel flows exhaust gasses at a higher, more efficient rate than other GT and GTX turbine wheel designs. The new turbine wheel design allows for higher exhaust gas flow which increases aerodynamic efficiency compared to the previous design. New hi-flowing, stainless steel turbine housings help decrease backpressure and range in size from 0.83, 1.01, and 1.21 A/R. These compact turbine housings are unique only to the GTX3584RS meaning they are not interchangeable with other GT/GTX35 products because of the new turbine wheel."

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

These guys are running 1.06 rear on 3584. 19.44 mins. Internal gate though ..  I was wrong  They are running GT3582 not GTX.

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/street-machine-tv/carnage/1705/turbo-taxi-carnage-episode-two

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 19y 6m 25d
15 minutes ago, arronm said:

If you go the 1.21 you will have some extra up your sleeve and it will help slow the boost delivery, but only marginally. With that turbo and E85 you wont need much boost for 450.

I reckon go the 1.21. Turbine wheel on GTX 3582 and 3584 are the same

3584rs flows more through the comp wheel/housing the rear turbine is the same. More up his sleeve will be more of a factor regarding head flow and cams or the ability for early boost delivery, somthing you dont really wont on a stock motor.

On a stock motor that revs to 6000 the over all differences between 82 and 84 will be determined by supporting mods rather then which turbo he chooses.

go the 1.01 I say, better for packaging and she’ll still go over 800 all day.

1.21 will be irrelevant in a 1200kg car with a 3500stall.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Apparently they fit with modification to the turbine housing.

Still, Garrett is saying that the turbine wheel is different...Maybe they don't know what they made?!

16 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

These compact turbine housings are unique only to the GTX3584RS meaning they are not interchangeable with other GT/GTX35 products because of the new turbine wheel."

I reckon I know where the confusion is maybe.

Gcg do a gtw turbo for the falcon which is a 3584. It is not the 3584rs though.

Edit: The turbine wheel is different on the gtw as well though.