HDi Intercooler piping kit

Aardvark74

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Ah, you got the rebuild from turbo tech. Did they put on a new actuator. They die after a while from heat cycles. Hope they did.

Nah mate stock BF headlights. car has 18k and always garaged. Is like brand NEW,... car looks like it just rolled off the production line, only 50K better.

We should catch up and I will take you for a spin in my BA F6. I forget is your man or auto.

You really need to check if your car is tuned and whats in the xcal 3. You should book into XFT for a check over...

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 6y 5d

Thanks man will do, I work mega shifts atm and have little time...I love the BA 'phoon! Bill told me not to worry about the actuator, they would sort all that out..etc....they did 3 grand of work....I'm happy for now but....will take her to Xtreme ford...with the SCT just for a look...Yeah Mine looks pretty good, just a few blemishes....I'll iron out the problems one by one...she hasnt even had a service yet lol...Thinking Lube Mobile cos I'm so busy....then start working from there. I love the engine bay pics of urs...mine is stock...that's ok for now....started seeing a woman too so that's gonna cut into my budget lol

The Zf mine is...maybe I should get that looked at too. It has a lovely note..but exhaust is stock apart from they took that cover off? 50k work? yeah man...That inspires me a great deal....I had the money to throw at her just 3 mnths ago (before I bought her, with cash) but now (im in the mining game) accepted an offer to work down here fulltime as a supervisor..unfortunately the BIG dollars have gone for awhile lol...but Im staying clean lol

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
7 hours ago, Aardvark74 said:

I would buy it but then the OP said I have to reposi the battery etc etc...I want something that just fits and that's it! lol

OP is you mate! It means original poster. 

You're a bit confused here so I'll elaborate. I didn't say all that. 

First up, you can buy and fit this pipe kit without the other stuff I mentioned. 

What I did say is this;

18 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

I'd suggest putting the money toward a kit that includes a better intercooler.

The reason is that the pipe kit is a waste of money and the stock cooler needs upgrading anyway. 

18 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Also take into account a turbo intake, crossover delete and battery relocation when you plan it out.

If you did get a different intercooler kit then you would need to consider the other mods. They may or may not be necessary. 

Not all intercooler kits are the same and it pays to do your research before you spend any money. 

At the end of the day it's your car mate but I stand by my suggestion of putting the money towards a quality intercooler kit. 

• Member For: 6y 5d

That's why I'm sorta glad I'm not on the Mines anymore and back down here earning half of what I did..I am FORCED to take it slow now. Money is tighter and that's probably a good thing as silly as that sounds.

4 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

OP is you mate! It means original poster. 

You're a bit confused here so I'll elaborate. I didn't say all that. 

First up, you can buy and fit this pipe kit without the other stuff I mentioned. 

What I did say is this;

The reason is that the pipe kit is a waste of money and the stock cooler needs upgrading anyway. 

If you did get a different intercooler kit then you would need to consider the other mods. They may or may not be necessary. 

Not all intercooler kits are the same and it pays to do your research before you spend any money. 

At the end of the day it's your car mate but I stand by my suggestion of putting the money towards a quality intercooler kit. 

AHHH! Gotacha! haha  Appreciate it man....yep....I'm gonna wait till I get everything sorted 1st before I go and buy something on a whim...as I usually do! that's what is great about chatting to you guys.