BA Turbo - build thread (sort of)

El Andrew

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Tune loaded in last night with stock parameters. Boost tables returned to stock, cat overtemp turned back on plus a few other fiddles.

Base fuel map was leaned out at WOT and high RPM compared to factory...

There were some torque management and transmission tables that I left as is - the changes were quite complex compared to the ham fisted approach in the rest of the tune, so I'm a bit suspicious they might just be a factory update when the car was at the dealer one day or something. Will look into it more.

Car is now slow! Amazing what a couple of pounds of boost and not much else does. I guess that confirms my boost solenoid is working, on the basis that software changes have made a driving impact exactly as expected.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

You’ll gain nothing without data to look at buddy, if you’re “learning” and don’t have data to reference your journey will be very confusing 

just sayn 

• Like 2

• Gold Donating Members

Thanks, yeah I agree. Until PCMTec release the full logging capability I'm only intending on messing with moderate boost and associated fuelling that can be observed with a boost gauge and a wideband.

Plus small changes at a time with detailed notes of what I've changed and what the results are.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Donating Members

I had a few bits I had to put in the BA that I won't need now. If any forum members want them cheap, let me know:

BF XR6T/XR8 braided brake hose kit from Safebrake. Paid $245 posted, will sell $180 posted. Will give you receipt too as they have a 5 year guarantee I think.

Front brake caliper brackets to suit 322mm rotors . Paid $110 posted, will sell for $80 posted.

Both of these brand new and completely unused.

Mace Engineering were great and let me return my BA cooler and will send out an FG unit in its place. And fortunately I found my Repco receipt for the shedload of transmission fluid I bought!

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m
On 5/29/2018 at 9:32 PM, arronm said:

If you think the solenoid is dodgy. $60.  And WD 40 does SFA, its a myth the does more harm than good.

+102347823478923432 if a car benefits from the boost solenoid maintenance in my opinion its time for a new boost solenoid.

• Member For: 6y 3m 8d
On 29/05/2018 at 11:32 PM, arronm said:

If you think the solenoid is dodgy. $60.  And WD 40 does SFA, its a myth the does more harm than good.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-BA-BF-FG-MK2-FALCON-SX-SY-TERRITORY-TURBO-WASTEGATE-SOLENOID/300969863018?epid=0&hash=item461333a76a:g:O6kAAOxyXDhSgDst

Indeed arronm, after I sprayed by boost solenoid, had nothing but problems as outlined in this thread. 

• 1 month later...