400.7rwkw FG Xr6T - It still counts right?

Boosturd

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

My gen2 gtx35r in the stock ford rear housing with a ported wg and 12 psi actuator hits 12psi by 3000rpm by just rolling into it, in 3rd. Brake boosting will see that nearly 1000rpm lower. This was with a stock bf turbo motor, no head work, no better valve springs and a stock cat back.

His graph is not a showing a stock factory turbo.

• Member For: 8y 25d

It would be great to see rpm. Not sure if this has to do with a hub dyno (I'm sure there would be a way around it).

Not sure what the concern regarding boost is. Heres a comparison shot of my turbo before and after mods56b5fb8411adc9f23319758baedf5f85.jpgfead06a9965ae1d0f1bca49ece6d77e1.jpgc3dc16903362f258eec1ac4263abb19e.jpg

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
19 minutes ago, Boosturd said:

Not sure what the concern regarding boost is.

It's quite a bit late for a stocker. I just double checked and mine actually made 14 psi at 3050rpm without brake boosting.

His car was built and tuned for a specific purpose though so you can't really compare it to other cars that are tuned to come on asap.

On 16/04/2018 at 2:22 PM, Boosturd said:

58mm Billet wheel

That's a nice shiny turbo you've got now. Surely that's a typo?

• Member For: 8y 25d

This would be where a graph detailing rpm would be handy I did ask for mine to be tuned to come on boost a little bit lazy to avoid frying tyres every time I put my foot down

Amazing what a bit of cleanup can do. But yes was only a 58mm wheel. Package was a progtx58 conversion IIRC

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I can post a pic of a tuning log if you like but I don't have a dyno graph. I can just put the cursor at whatever rpm or boost level to show what it's doing.

If you've got a 58mm wheel then there will be nothing lazy about how your car drives. You can get it to come on boost slowly but why not let it have it asap and control the wheel spin with your right foot? :wwww:

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

You can tell by the graph I posted 400.2rwkw that the factory turbo has had a few mods ( ie turbine housing)

Power curve is so gentle.   This car really can put the power to the ground. Almost linear like a V8.   It's going to be mental on E85. So tractable.