Turbo conversion problem

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 1m 23d

20180409_185755.jpg

Hi,

I am in the process of fitting a turbo engine to my RTV and have a question.

The sedan I've taken the engine from was a conversion as well and I'm not sure on this vac line. The sedan had this fitting which I thought was a check valve (it's not) and my ute had this straight through connector. I've traced the hose and it goes back to the fuel tank. Shouldn't there be a check valve to stop boost pressure finding it's way to the tank?

20180409_131425.jpg

20180409_131520.jpg

I imagine the brake booster hose should have a check valve as well?

Thanks guys

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

The charcoal cannister line has a solenoid valve that only opens on cruise so no checks valve required.

(next to the ac accumulator in your first pic) 

Booster  has an internal check valve

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 1m 23d

I got it all running and driving, it's in limp mode which can only be expected after coming from a sedan with abs and traction control, should be an easy enough fix at a tuner or Ford I guess.

I have another question about this vacuum hose with the blue fitting in the picture below. I'm assuming it goes to a vacuum tank which stores vacuum for the n/a engines intake butterflies and also the diff lock on the RTV's? It doesn't seem to have a check valve but does it have some other control to prevent it receiving boost pressure?

I will be needing vacuum to engage diff lock, even more so now:)but don't want to hook it up without knowing...

Edited by 3Katz
Pics wrong