Water meth injection

• Member For: 10y 10m 30d

Has anyone set up a water meth kit like snow performance , AEM or aquamist on a turbo running 98? 

I am looking to see if its worth the dollars to do it and what power gains people got. E85 is not an option as its to inconvenient to get to a servo. Car is a daily  BF with FG conversio  running a atomic forged and balanced bottom end , resin filled block, pte6235, stage 3 pw cooler, race box ,and all the other usual mods. Has gone 575hp at the tyres

• Member For: 17y 10m 25d

I'm not a fan of water meth injection. In my minds eye it's a bastardised fix, for things that can be remedied by utilising the correct fuel and quality components....

• Member For: 8y 6m 11d

But what about people that don't have access to E85? Water/meth seem like the next best thing.

I live 450kms from the nearest servo that supplies E85. Would love to run E85 but can't, and there's a few others I know that would too.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 7d

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 28d

I have been using an aquamist setup for over 6 months now. Use non-flammable premixed 49%meth with custom tank in boot. Have it connected up to boost and idc. Comes on at vacumn. Also has an in built failsafe. The aquamist is more expensive than some of the others, but is quality. Use 2 injectors just before intake manifold.

Got it more for driving around in our hot summers, but did pick up some power as well- 420 to 450rwkw with lots of potential left. Good alternative if you don't have e85, in many ways more consistent and reliable.

When it kicks in I see IAT over 10C less than ambient. Driving around town on a 35C day the IAT can go 50C plus. Soon as the wmi kicks in it drops to low 20's and you sure can feel it. Don't lose power in heat which is what I wanted to achieve.

Its changed my thinking about intercoolers. Just get one that can flow enough. No ic will compete with wmi for lowering iat. If your spending money on a tune it can be cheaper than a mega$ ic.

Have heard that you can seriously increase power with timing and boost with wmi if so inclined.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 10m 30d

So far I cannot see any down side to spending the dollars on one of these setups. 

Sixman how big is your wmi tank and I undersrand it only comes on with boost but lets say driving around normally , would you get 1 tankof wmi to a tank of fuel.? The missus drives my car daily and will I be filling tyhis tankup everyday or once as month ? 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 28d

Yep I also have aquamist. I have a full install write up on here somewhere. I live in Darwin so it’s hot and humid here. We also had no E85 when I installed it.

I had it for a few years now and it’s never failed. Aquamist is very expensive but awesome quality.

I agree with everything Sixman said. I also haven’t tuned for my full potential. I’m on just over 500rwhp now.

• Like 2