Retune question

karlp2

• Member For: 10y 8m 1d

Retune question...

So a few months back I had some mods done to my G6ET, and had overboost issues sending it into limp mode, tuner made adjustments to back off the boosting between gear changes - well that’s how he explained it anyway.  I’ve since had the stock turbo flapper and porting mod done through my regular mechanic.  With a retune how much more boost can I run and what sort of extra power do you think I can get?  Current mods include: walbro 400 fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, a Process West stage one intercooler and piping, a full x-force stainless exhaust from the dump pipe back (running the twin 2.5” pipe system), the current tune is running 13 pound of boost, on a hub dyno it made 337 rwkw and 713nm, so probably more like just over 300 true kw at the wheels.  I’m trying to justify what I’ll get for the retune cost.  Cheers.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

You're already at about the limit for the stock turbo. You won't get much more power, as you need to run about 20psi (in the mid) on that turbo to get to the maximum of about 325 ish rwkw

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 24d

port and flapper job will help with boost control issues. add an intake and your basically maxed out anyways. so wasnt really worth it.

expect your turbo to die soon anyways. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Yeah these guys have summed it up. 

You're at the point of diminishing returns right now.

You need a bigger turbo to justify another tune imo.

I'd leave it as is for now, for cost and reliability reasons. That's just my 2c though.