Newbie G6E turbo

ToddyG6E

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 25d

Thanks for the welcome fellas. So does anyone know any recommended mechanics from brisbane bayside area? Just about got enough dosh saved up to get the beast serviced and tuned ect. Any info greatly appreciated, as I only no mechanics who will change oil and fluids only and still charge 500!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 23d

Hi mate welcome to the site.

for general services on my G6ET I only use Northgate automotive, only mechanics I have ever found I can trust, never do extra work that is unnecessary and are very transparent and honest, they will always contact me first is something unexpected comes up that will cost any more money to talk through the options first. They a repco service franchise as well so there pricing is very competitive. Also only ever use penrite oils. Troy and the boys there are great. 

As for performance workshops for tunes and mods I have heard good things about Real dyno Performance and also Clint at profile Autosports. I am hoping to take my car to real dyno soon and get my ID1000's, 4" Xforce dump and Cat installed to go with my Nizpro cooler and KPM Intake I have already installed, and get them to tune it all on 98 and e85

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d
2 hours ago, MaStars said:

As for performance workshops for tunes and mods I have heard good things about Real dyno Performance and also Clint at profile Autosports. I am hoping to take my car to real dyno soon and get my ID1000's, 4" Xforce dump and Cat installed to go with my Nizpro cooler and KPM Intake I have already installed, and get them to tune it all on 98 and e85

Being from nsw never personally dealt with either of these tuners but have only ready good things about profile on here, RDP on the other hand...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 23d

Interesting!?!  what have your heard? I haven't seen or heard anything negative?

10 hours ago, ToddyG6E said:

Awesome, cheers MaStars. Sounds like that's where ill be taking mine then. Yeah the mods u have and are getting done are pretty much the same as id like to do on mine. What year is yours mate?

Mine is a 09, about 150k on the clock. I will be looking at servicing and flushing the ZF at the same time too.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Can't find all the posts I remember reading so disregard for now...

Mind you, not saying they haven't got a lot of happy customers or that they don't put out some tough cars.

Just that on here I've read plenty of rdp feedback, some good some not so flash. Plenty of other tuners with far "worse" reviews if you like, but as far as qld goes I'm struggling to remember reading much (if anything) negative about profile autosports, forced performance in Toowoomba or CPV in mckay.  

My 2c fwiw. 

Only example of what I could find, weak effort tbh

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90220-rdp-tuned-fg-f6/?tab=comments#comment-1536207

@k31th

Keef if you put "rdp" in the search bar what do you get?

Its possible to get "0 results" for a word that's on the last page you looked at...

Edited by camo86T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I believe that symptom is to do with the site search not allowing searches that are less than 4 characters in length, as those sorts of searches are very server intensive. :idunno:

• Like 1