Can’t identify noise

joffa1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

I can't really say how often I tighten them cos I've had the turbo on and off for various reasons quite a few times but I did notice that they stayed tight the past couple of times I've had it off.

Here is one option for keeping them tight.

• Member For: 6y 9m 7d

Would be amazing if someone were to post a how to video/picture article on how to get to all these fasteners as it seems to be a common issue across all turbo models and would be very valuable for noob mechanics like myself! 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

Lol - was just outside doing this then read this afterwards. I should have taken some sequential pics!

I was getting some hissing from near the turbo and some funny pedal response at light to medium load. The rear two turbo to manifold studs were almost falling out!

• Like 2

Ha not to worry. Seems to be something everyone needs to do pretty often so if the next person to do it wouldn’t mind putting up some description and pics or even a video of the process would be great. 

Cheers

Edited by joffa1
  • Like 1

Alright so I had another go after purchasing some 14mm spanners and socket joints etc. someone has damaged the f$&k out of the four turbo to manifold nuts so I can’t actually move them either way, but to be honest they seem pretty damn tight and not loose enough to be causing this leak and god awful noise.

Officially at a loss as to where the leak is now ?

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Soindrift69/media/4B87211E-C4DF-4323-BFE5-D0C66072DECD_zpsofoflpq9.jpeg.html?filters[user]=147109463&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=8