Can’t identify noise

joffa1

• Member For: 6y 8m 16d

Lol, I tightened every fastener I could get to fellas. I’m just a humble Chippy, mechanical not really my thing though always willing to have a crack!

Looking at invoice they had to remove turbo oil and coolant lines to get the job done so can’t have been that easy to get to. People laughed at me for suggesting I remove the turbo but they just about had to to get the job done. 

Just nice to have her making all the right noises again and boosting properly. 

• Like 3

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d

Nah good on ya mate, at least you had a crack and came to the forum asking questions etc.

See some of the stuff that pop's up on certain Falcon Facebook groups and I just think to myself.. if only they went on the forums haha.

• Like 1

• Member For: 6y 8m 16d

All good. In hindsight this bloke was 100% spot on...

“Try the bolts that hold the exhaust housing onto the turbo (next to the oil feed pipe) there's 4 or 5 of them & Ive seen on a couple of cars that one has actually fallen out”

Id actually lost two completely so will have to torque all these down regularly I guess... along with all the others. 

On that note does anyone on here do away with the heat shield altogether to make servicing easier or are they actually really effective/necessary?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

It's all good mate, you had a go and you got some good info along the way.

We can only guess what's wrong and try to help, based upon your posts.

Glad you got it all sorted.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Those bolts come loose because the turbine housing has cracked at the bolt holes.  If cracked they will come loose again. Seen it many times 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Hard to tighten bolts that aren't there! And hard to know what is missing if you haven't dig around in there before.

Based on my experience and the previous owner, my bolts are coming loose every 50,000 or so.

I had a braided oil line, but having the braided water line now makes getting the front heat shield off MUCH easier.

Lol re FB groups - there are some rippers in there. "I'm not sure which button locks my car and which one unlocks it, but can someone explain how to do an engine swap? I need it to get to work in 2 hours. Alternatively will swap car for a 6 pack and 2 kittens."

Well, pretty much that but with much worse grammar...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1