FGX Turbo Ute Suspenion Upgrade

Kegguts

• Member For: 7y 7m 23d

Hi All I'm new to all this site wondering if anyone has suggestions for suspension upgrade my 2016 FGX Turbo ute as stock is very soft in corners

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 10d

Welcome buddy,

Have a look at this thread, http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90530-my-2010-xr50t-ute/

@OZYWALKER has one of the best setups on a falcon though has tried a few setups along the way

Enjoy the tread.

Edited by BAXRTUTE

• Member For: 7y 7m 23d

Thanks Guys for the info, Good trend but I think its well over my budget but food for though down the track , Freaky your idea sounds cool for now, I will look into it 

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

A mate has the bilstein and king springs combo with caltracs in the back. Very nice ride, works really well if not going too low.

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

^^this

Ultimately will depend on your budget but decent shocks ie. konis or bilsteins make a big difference and should be priority #1 IMO 

Then springs, kings or lovells coils on the front are cheap as (<$200 on fleabay), exxy bit is the leaf springs - you can pay $850+ for a set of kings/lovells leaves. 

Cheaper way is to get them reset to get the height down; but the standard leaves have less packs than aftermarket and also aren't reverse eye so when reset will have minimal camber = high possiblity of persistent tramping = potential cv death. 

A few guys have had good results with having the standard 8mm thick main leaf replaced with a 10mm one while resetting.

A set of super pro bushes will stiffen it up even more.