Superpro diff bush failers?

jas98

• Member For: 11y 8m 24d

Got a ba xr6t sedan. All rear wnd is mixture of  nolthane and superpro with superpro being the 3 diff bushs.

They have been on for about 2-3 years now. And are the comfort ones thatvhave the big voids in the side bushs.

Wasnunder car other day trying to work oit what would cause a clunk and small band from rear and when backing off quickly.

Center bush looks ok but disnt really check too good however the passenger side bush I levered up with a larg screw driver and I could lever the arm that connected to it with very very minumal force... didnt check drivers....I should have though

I need to get under again and clean it all and see but does this sound like a splot bush? If so it should be a warrenty item?

I was the one that installed them useing the instructions provided

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 18d

You're unlikely to get anything replaced under warranty after 2 to 3 years. If it is stuffed you'll have to just replace it. Here's a a couple of pictures cos I like copy pasting sh*t.

R23.jpg

R24.jpg

Hmm true haha dont they have a "life time warrenty" haha

I did have front lower control arm bushs replaced under warrenty and was 2 years later...now have nolthane as the superpro ones flogged out yet again..

Has anyone tried the poly pro bushs before? I see allot of there stuff now

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 18d

I wouldn't have thought any bushes have any type of warranty beyond them not being farked out of the box. That doesn't mean there isn't one though.

If you've got stuff replaced before then make some calls cos at worst you'll get told no.

I've got the polylast bushes from superpro if that's what you mean. I can't see them failing any time soon as they are fairly solid. I guess time will tell. 

Thanks. I saw those however im talkig about a brand called Polypro that sells on ebay...they have nothing to do with superpro (confirmed with superpro themself). Ive used the front strut mount bushs an they seem fine and just noticed they do diff bushs aswell for 50 bucks for 2 side ones. 

But yeah ive natrowed it down yo either diff itselg or diff bushs. Although diff was recoed aboit 45000k ago.

The clunk bang is sometimes a shunt aswell...sometimes. not always though

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 28d

JAS98,

I had a set of Superpro Comfort bushes fitted.  I've since upgraded to the Heavy Duty units.   The guys who sold me the Heavy Duty units said that I should never have fitted the Comfort bushes given the mods on the car.  The Heavy Duty units seem to be working well.

PAH