Ef Xr6 500kw 10sec manual sh*tter

eff xr6t

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

So bit bored decided I could write a thread on the build of my POS I bought this car in 2012 when I was 16 as my first car and its just got out of control since haha. I'll do a list of current specs plus pevious build specs. and probably copy most of the build from other forums..

Current pb is a 10.94@132 manual

Specs

1996 Ef Xr6

Motor

-Stock ef bottom end with ~300000km no rod bolts or new ring/bearing I popped one cap off to check bearings then put it back on because the motor had a blocked pickup and took 30secs to build oil pressure in the car I pulled it from haha

-AU falcon head ported by me with pep-pro stainless valves seats all re cut by my mate at his machine shop.

-Stock Au mls gasket with arp studs holding it down

-Surecam custom hydraulic cam used the closest master profile he had to the specs I was looking for..basically about 220@50 540"lift its pretty angry for a baby cam...

-Crow valve springs with stock Au rockers and lifters

Intake and fuel system

-Tunnel vision intake manifold 

-Fg fly by wire throttle body

-2200cc injectors

-Fuel cell in the boot, 100 micron filter>1400hp holley dominator pump>10 micron filter> AN8 feed to and from rail> proflow fuel reg.

Exhaust and turbo

-Turbo manifold I built at home. steam pipe 6 into 1 collector divided into the t4 flange 40m pipe off each side of the collector merged into a 60mm gate

-Turbosmart 60mm power gate (14psi spring)

-2.5" screamer vented behind the front tire

-Garret gt3788r .89 rear housing

-4" dump straight off the turbo into the 4" exhaust with one big muffler before the diff.

Engine management

-Link G4+ Extreme ecu running sequential ign/inj.

-Racepak iq3 dash

-6x ls1 coils mounted on a bracket off the intake manifold bolts

-Fuel/oil/coolant pressure sensors all fed to the ecu

-Fuel/oil/coolant/air temp sensors all fed to the ecu

-Ethrolle controled by the G4 with a BA pedal in the car and FG throttle body.

-Boost controlled by the G4 with a 4 port solenoid

-Launch control/2step with a switch, speed and time control so it doesnt come on when shifting gears.

Gearbox and diff

-T56 converted from a ba turbo

-Direct ceramic solid centre twin plate. (3100lb of clamp now)

-Final drive built 3.5" chro moly tailshaft with strange billet yoke, 1350 series unis front and back.

-ATM it has 3.45 borgwarner diff with a spool standard 28 spline axles. Getting a 9" built atm with 35spline axles 3.7 gears strange nodular iron carrier with a full spool.

that's about it really the whole car is built by me from fab work,engine building to tuning so stuff only gets done when I can be I <3 Bananased doing it.. 

SRqZ936.jpge7BzUrw.jpglaXW8ol.jpgTfWlJi8.jpg

39hDso6.png

Kqhg1zi.jpgvrcptEX.jpgLYseyKo.jpg

uFDuT2a.jpgJVTBQfD.jpg

Will start with this and add some more in another post.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wish I had some more videos of this doing skids but unfortunately it usual ends up not getting caught on video so here's what I've got that has been got on camera and is safe to post on the internet haha.

Powercruise 2016.. this was the first event for the current setup. I flew home from work on the thursday night to the car with a brand new setup full new turbo manifold/intake and ecu had not even had the chance to get it started. So got home thursday night at 10pm walked into the shed with my laptop confirgured all the inputs and outputs to what I had wired put my calculated VE map in it with injector data set all the base timing and bam fired into life perfectly.. called it a night before the neighbours started calling the cops haha its fkn loud with a 4" exhaust dumped at the diff echoing out the shed.. so its now friday powercruise has started and car has a total run time of 5mins.. better hurry up and tune it so I can go make use of my entry, drove it out to my mates workshop to strap it on the dyno for a few quick pulls threw 12* of timing on boost and did 3 pulls to get 20psi of boost in it made around 400kw held good AFR's so that was it good for a casual beat up in the weekends cruise sesions.. lasted all of 1 day not being casual till powerskids got called up

Decided fk it tune seemed happy enough may aswell see if itll do the powerskids, first go dumped 3rd shift to 4th and it bogged next lap decided 4th is the only gear needed and its either going on the trailer with another welded clutch or itll do a good skid.. it decided not to weld it self and held for a good skid this time so here it is..

29min in on the powercruise live stream is a white 34 skyline then this heap of sh*t getting let go at 6000rpm in 4th gear.. can probably here my limiter settings are abit aggresive with the rpm drop everytime it hits it. like I said it got the 10min tune up and loaded on the trailer to get to the event.

Idle vid from last years Racewars inspections.

Gazzanats a couple of years ago with 330kw

Edited by eff xr6t
  • Like 1

Most of my photos of this build are on photo bucket so have added some to imgur for people that dont have the photobucket embed link fix.

1YUxGZ7.jpg

ZGSHqsD.jpg

OZGwOST.jpg

thpyT0i.jpg

c0slKVI.jpg?1

10 second manual timeslips had quite abit of trouble with clutch slipping plus missing gears which can be seen in the slow shifts on the data log.

SDE1YaU.jpg

re7VT2I.png

Edited by eff xr6t
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Copying posts over from other forums doesn't work very well with phagotbucket so here's some pics and vids from a recent last minute decision the day before Gazzanats to go do some skids.

f08dede2c04c96293a0cf90ed3d3f57a.jpg
83134fa410b10150a022164edc96861d.jpg
6851685b62a7524ffdfd869cfc61eef4.jpg
5c50638a55b120303b07e10b0531b7ea.jpg

Little video from a young guy that was checking out the car and asked to come for some laps when I had spare seats.

Powerskids qualifying from Saturday only did one skid to qualify then finals on Sunday for cancelled because of rain :(. Straight up dump 4th on the spot about 22psi boost 7000rpm old standard motor loves this sh*t

For a total prep time of an hour to fit up a few sets of tyres and no prep to the car it was a mint weekend of skids and piss drinking.
  • Like 4

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

@eff xr6t

Dunno what I'm missing something here, but given it's not uncommon for BA donks to pop @ 350-400rwkw if not tuned very carefully, how the phark can a stock e series bottom end handle 500rwkw and 20+psi???

I assume Ford's engine development didn't go backwards between EF and the first DOHC barra

In any case :bowdown:

• Like 1

E series are one of the strongest stock motors. It all went backwards at AU for conrod strength and they carried the sh*t jelly rods straight through to the Barra. Ea-ef rods are different length to au-fg by about 4mm so can't be interchanged and it's made up for in a different pin height in the pistons. Longer rod and higher pins height makes them smoother and meant to be less stress on the pistons skirts. EF/el rods are probably pretty comparable to bf mk2/fg turbo but late model Barra ones I would consider stronger.

Au/ba

Biggest issue the motors have is the auxiliary shaft that drives the oil pump and cam sync sensor they wear badly and are know for stripping if after market gears and used on the oil pump drive. Again ef/El are the strongest aux shaft and au have had more issues with the wear. We allmost got caught with a stripped aux in my mates car that was 380 thou km and we caught it when cut a filter and it was full of metal and sure enough pulled the cam sensor out and it was just about to let go.

• Like 2

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Interbreasting!!

Reason for sh*t rods? cost cutting is all I can think of

Might send you a few annoying pm's about in the near future, my little brother is looking at buying his mate's maverick

Bit of a mongrel iirc but has an EF/EL built motor, gt45 with top mount W2A cooler, and running a t400.

Not sure of power, only 15psi atm. Only has stock ford pcm which I'm guessing would be the biggest restriction