FG vibration problem

Vixter62

• Member For: 7y 9m 21d

Hi, our 09 FG XR6 Turbo has a vibration going through the whole car.. at first we n mechanic thought it was the aircon bearing so drove it a couple times then I noticed the vibration was constant even not using the aircon. A guy who works at autobarn he took it for a drive and said he feels it is the harmonic balancer that's the problem. 

I have been reading other posts and many have said it could be the timing chain slipped?

We have replaced the pullies already tailshafts been balanced twice on and off the car, new wheels, rotars brakes, new left hand engine mount, all done..

Anyone have any ideas that may help save us $$$$

Weve had it at reputable mechanics and none of them picked up that the engine mount was stuffed, fulcrum at stafford picked it up straight away.

Thanks heaps everyone we love this car but its costing way to much in repairs lately grrr. 

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 11d

Can you remember when the vibration started?

After giving it a boot? 

Does the vibration become worse with more speed? Higher revs? 

Is it worse in certain gears? 

It could be as simple as the exhaust being loose, or a timing chain tensioner.

Edited by BAXRTUTE

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 11d

Yeah underload doesnt rule out anything.

Like reversing out the driveway is load.

160 on the freeway is load.

Are you able to give us more info? To maybe get the info you need?

Edited by BAXRTUTE

• Member For: 7y 9m 21d

Hi Puffwagon, husband gave it a good go taking off from home.. then stopped at the shop 10 mins later. there was no vibration prior to taking off. Started the car and it was vibrating  through the car.. we drove to our mechanics and he tested things turned off aircon and it didnt vibrate.. he advised dont use aircon until you get the new aircon part fitted. I drove it normally like miss daisy does.. and it started vibrating through the car low speed going forward.. I went straight home and parked in the shed. no aircon on so its not the aircon bearing the mechanic thought it was.. I did video the noise it was making and it was comin from the front of the motor but both pullies have been changed with new parts. So it must be something inside the motor?