2018 Tassie Cruise - 08/03-13/03 (All states)

Rab

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

OMG what a day - farrk me those were good roads ... :bliss:

Lobster lunch at Stanley was unexpectedly sensational 

04ZYoDr.jpg

Now for some beers and steak on a balmy 19 deg C by water in Strahan ...

izr4e8R.jpg

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Fantastic day.

Much more enjoyable with an idea of how long it takes to get where we need to be - coming into town at 6pm beats 3pm ;)

Some roads were that good today.... we did them twice (on purpose - they were better the 2nd time) :D

Keith's naviguessing was on point as always - GPS is for the plebs - inner compass FTW - we definitely didn't end up on dirt roads (and double down on the next corner), double back or get separated at any stage :P

Food has been farkin fantastic - company has been brilliant and the cars have really shown their legs.

Scenery is world class - every corner shows a new breath-taking vista, totally different from the last - mountains, hills, coasts, forests, lakes, cliffs, farms etc - all unique and brilliant.

The roads though - they make it - our cars were made for them and they for the cars.

Camber, corners, decent bitumen, decent width, bugger all traffic, absence of "nanny state enforcements", slower vehicles that move over or wave you past, realistic speed limits (and warning signs) - definitely left to the driver to decide how to drive.

3 more days of this - am sure I passed away peacefully in my sleep thurs night and am now in heaven

• Like 3

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

that's a fantastic summary. I only hope we can match today's epic'ness tomorrow etc...

who needs actual good quality navigation when you can have fun doing it :) haha  probably need to get a :pooh:'er and find ALL of the linking roads, not just some :ermm:

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
5 minutes ago, k31th said:

I only hope we can match today's epic'ness tomorrow etc...

Am sure we will.

Weather has been spot on and looks set to continue

We're now a lot more comfy looking for roads to explore rather than worrying about being at the destination in time

Fuel gets a lot more reliable here on out

We've got roads to go down that we KNOW are fantastic - plus ones to find that are going to at least equal them

We're eating ribs tomorrow night and BBQ on Sunday night

We worked out tonight that @EvilDaifu isn't going to make us walk a 2 hour hike up a hill to see something - he'd rather drive too :P

We'll be into Hobart too late tomorrow for you to buy a new CB that we can hear you over (we'll still be able to ignore you) :P

Galway Pipe bottle is still to be opened (we'll leave a message in to that'll be found in years to come and make the news - apparently that's a thing now??)

When we leave - we'll KNOW that it's not that hard of a thing to do again next year :D :D :D

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

haha yeah, well... I'll just get one for next cruise. It's a bit frustrating that you guys can't hear me when I'm only about 1km ahead, but I can hear Gary :ermm:.