PCMTec - SCT/HP alternative?

ratter

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Have you had a TCM flash fail?

Has the TCM got a yay/nay or a chip temp reading?

Sidetrack here... is there any way a tuner can lock tunes so a customer can go home with several, flash them to the designated car when wanted, but all IP is safe?

eg: me (lol).

I'd need at least 3 tune files I could flash as required.

I wouldn't expect my tuner to be happy if they were shareable.

• Member For: 9y 10m 10d

We plan to add tune locking so tuners can lock a tune (similar to what SCT do) and only that tuner or other pcmtec users that they specify can unlock the tune for editing. They can also specify write only unlock so you can flash it but not edit it. 

We also will have support for canned tunes, so you can buy a limited license that allows you to flash tunes but not edit them. 

Probably be in the next few months we add these features. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

0.60 has now released with ZF (ZF6HP) tuning. 

Thousands of new parameters (literally, there is over 1000 new tables) available.

Here is a brief summary of some of the extra features:

• Gear Controls: filling switching and ramp pressures for each gear
  • RPM and Shaft Speed controls: Limits on driving ranges, range switching acceleration limits, coast, upper engine speeds on tip in
  • Pedal and Throttle Limits: Pedal limits/Minimum throttle limit for kick down
  • Ramp and Boost Pressures: Clutch ramp and boost pressures for for the BF and FG Falocns
  • Shift Prevention and Forbidden Actions: Upshift and downshift prevention tables and tables of forbidden shifts
  • Shift Properties:  Additional tables and scalars to control shift between gears such as ramp and pressure gradients.
  • System: Diff ratio as well an many temperature controls
  • Transmission Delays: Delay times for downshift (eg 2nd to 1st) , off going clutch and closing ramp gradients.

See full release notes here:

https://forum.pcmtec.com/index.php?/topic/18-version-060-zf-release-friday-february-9th/

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 9d

hi @rollex great work you guys doing, by any chance can you sort out the issue of the abs faults and shut off when driving around with 28inch tyre height at the back and 26 at the front, do not want the issue of trying to stop my car doing 150mph plus at the drags with no abs.

• 10 months later...
  • WOT?
  • Moderating Team

@rollex, @DarrylC, @ratter,

Had a quick chat with Mick during the week about the progress you guys have been doing getting the JTG LPG and 98 working together using flex fuel/maps and the (very) quick chat definitely has me interested in what he was able to describe as looking to be possible.

Just wondering where it's at, if you could tell me a bit more? (was a very quick chat)

• Member For: 11y 3m 6d

Hi Rab,

I am using the Dual MAP (AKA Flex Fuel Custom OS) on my car with the JTG "on" switch wired into the rear O2 sensor so the PCM knows when the car is running LPG/98. I have 100lb  petrol injectors and the LPG injectors are about 65lb so they are not matched and the Flex Fuel system is changing injector data on the fly. 

The flex tune is LPG (close to an e85) and the base tune is 98. Blend rations for fuel and spark are setup such that petrol is using 100% of the 98 map and LPG 100% of the Flex Map.

In my case I have common boost so the boost blend ratio is not being used.

I am also doing boost by gear as well (flex and base maps).

System works flawlessly and needed to before we released to the customers.

Next part of the project is to use both injectors via the IMRC switch and also have water meth injection.

Feel free to PM me and we can discuss the finer details.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Awesome news :)

3 minutes ago, DarrylC said:

I have 100lb  petrol injectors and the LPG injectors are about 65lb so they are not matched and the Flex Fuel system is changing injector data on the fly.

This is what I was hoping for - should give a lot more freedom/flexibility?

Only real other query I'd have now would be for times when LPG/98 are unavailable (country/tassie etc) and I have to fall back to 95

9 minutes ago, DarrylC said:

Feel free to PM me and we can discuss the finer details.

Would probably be looking at it 2nd quarter next year, so not hurry yet, just great to know the options are moving forward :)

You could use the built in octane detection for 95. After a certain knock threshold it drops 4 degrees off eveything (or you could pick a different number). 

I think so cars have it enabled from the factory.