PCMTec - SCT/HP alternative?

ratter

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d
2 hours ago, EvilDaifu said:

What other cars has PCMTec tuning software been successfully used with?

BA/BF/FG Falcons including coyote supercharged and ecolpi, also oddballs like FG taxis running BA running gear. We also support Petrol Territories.

Edited by rollex

• Member For: 11y 2m 15d
47 minutes ago, LU82 said:

Is there anything in the software for boost by gear ?

LU82, yes boost by gear is in all strategies that support it. We believe we are the only ones who have this correct in the MK IIs as well.

We also support Boost and T-MAP across the range (BA/BF/FG) as well as full VCT control from the Enthusiast up.

Changing strategies is also supported. 

So like ratter said, we do have more parameters. Our Workshop version is true OEM calibrator level access.

The ZF flashing is currently working and we need to go though a couple of weeks of testing before releasing to our customers. This is really exciting and I am now fixing definitions and classifications (just brought online 2000 new parameters for the BF/FG ZF that the competition does not have). Rolls has been putting in things that tell the ZF the PCM is being flashed so that it wont throw DTCs as well as many other enhancements.

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

@DarrylC, @rollex

Just a quick one.

Am appreciating the info provided and look forward to the progress.

(I "cleaned up" an above post to help it fit in.)

There's a fine line between info and advert - lets keep it at info if we could.

(Posting here for transparency)

Advertising guidelines are below if you wish to look at expanded coverage at any time 

Please read the forum rules regarding advertising

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/guidelines/

Advertising

If you are a company and are interested in advertising on the site at a competitive rate, please email us at advertising@fordxr6turbo.com for further information.

Advertising on FordXR6Turbo.com will enable you to have a dedicated area on the site to discuss your product/service as well as product banners being displayed throughout the site.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Am tipping it'll also get rid of the 1st gear lurch?

Does this make it easier to do the simple gearbox "quality of life" fixes without having to make it as part of a seperate gearbox tune?

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

When you say the 1st gear lurch do you mean where it takes off in 2nd gear, then kicks back into first after a 2 second delay? If so yes Darryl has found that delay and tested it out on his ZF 6 speed and it fixed it entirely. I think he nearly threw his horses out the trailer due to the delay so he is a happy camper now.

As the ZF has its own computer you still need "two" tunes, one for the gearbox one for the engine, though with our next update we will have the ability to store a TCM, PCM or both TCM & PCM tune in a single TEC file. We will also have the ability to add or remove any ECM module from the file. This means if you do a full read of your car with both TCM and PCM, but you want to send only the TCM part of the tune you can use the "extract module" and build a seperate file. You can also do the reverse and import someone elses TCM tune into your TEC file.

We are also adding value files like what SCT has, so you can export your "quality of life" TCM tune to a xml file, this can then be loaded in to any tune you have and it will update/override only the parameters of your choosing.

Edited by rollex

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
1 hour ago, rollex said:

When you say the 1st gear lurch do you mean where it takes off in 2nd gear, then kicks back into first after a 2 second delay?

I think he nearly threw his horses out the trailer due to the delay so he is a happy camper now.

That's the one - have one intersection in particular where I'd take off, get halfway through when it'd kick down - chirp/wheelspin/tyre squeal everytime - ended up driving in manual mode for the one til it was fixed. 

Was worth getting the TCM tuned just to remove this "feature"

• Member For: 11y 2m 15d

I asked for a fix a few years ago but no one could resolve it. So happy it is gone now. One table change. I have been in a car ratter tuned the gearbox on and I was super impressed, now he will be able to fix this as well.

• Like 1