TheChad90

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 2m 16d

Hey lads and ladies (maybe)

So I've met my first power goal of 500hp and am in need of a new clutch very soon as I only have the stock FG F6 one. Any advice on clutches I should be considering???? my next power goal will be the 700hp mark so want something that's not going to clap out and take a beating but still relatively light for city driving.

My mate will be putting the EXEDY DEVIL CLUTCH (ceramic and organic) in his XR6T which is pushing 700hp and he said he'll be able to get this for cheap through the business for me. 

Has anyone got any experience with EXEDY??? if so any info would be much appreciated and prices etc..... also any advice on mechanics in Brisbane to do the labour. :thumbs-up:

Cheers 

Chad

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 10d

Im pretty happy with my NPC twin plate, noise is annoying at times but it bites well and has great peddle feel.

@JETURBO hooked me up with it. 

Think NPC are in Brissy to by memory.

Im also at the 700hp level.

Edited by BAXRTUTE
  • Like 2

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

If you don't mind rattly as fark, noisy when cold and hard bite the Xtreme twin plate ceramic clutch does the job. Rated to 1000hp, has a heavier than factory pedal but is driveable in traffic once you get used to it. Also it's very well priced, got mine for $1700 delivered from ebay.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Haha thought so 

Yep I’ve probably come close to driving all the available clutch kits on the market for the xr6t and every time I’m hard pressed ( pun ) to go past recommending and installing NPC for my customers and clearly the extended family here

you just have to be honest with your driving style as bigger isn’t better when it comes to clutches as there’s negatives to the bigger HP capacity

aftermarket HP ratings can be a bit of a fluff and wind thing but it’s a guide only, if we were to say the factory FG Tr6060 clutch is rated to ( generously ) 300rwkw we all know they can handle 400+rwkw when driven accordingly and clearly have beautiful manners, NPC have a single plate 11* copper organic mix rated to 410rwkw and has nearly every characteristic of the standard clutch (tiny bit heavier pedal ) but I’ve personally gone way past 410 on it as the customer does drive with some sympathy and didn’t want the noise or feel from twin plate offerings.

That said NPC’s twin plates (many options ) are in every way (imho) better than other typical brands for a daily driver or the guy who wants the clamp force and will only beat it up every other time he drives it lol. 

The best (friendliness) offering from NPC twin plates is the x2 copper organic mix arrangement, from there we go x1 ( rear plate ) carbonic plate. It starts off soft initiall feel/bite ( from the organic ) then backed up by firmness on the carbodic plate and from there you can go twin carbodic,ceramic mixes and twin/tripple ceramics etc etc 

IF you’re going to “Hammer” a clutch hard then be prepared for noise/heavy/grabby/poor feedback from any clutch (twin ceramic puk design) 

gimme a PM if you want a good price delivered on anything NPC  :) 

• Like 4

• Member For: 12y 1m 19d

I can probably chime in here as I've recently installed an NPC twin plate that Jet supplied. I ended up going with one organic plate and one cerametalic plate. Clutch is rated to 1000hp and man does it feel nice.

I'd have to say that it's almost lighter than stock in pedal feel and you can marginally slip it from a dead start, due to the single organic plate. There is only a tiny window for this to occur though and after that, it bites like a mofo!

Lets just say that I don't have any more slippage ?

The only real downside (if you even consider it to be one) would be the noise. When the clutch is engaged it does chatter quite a bit. I've even had people staring at me on the sidewalk with a "bro, your cars broken!" type look, lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

WTF Happy customers and Arron’s acknowledges something ive said as truthful.....

off to buy a lotto ticket hahaha 

should I say buy a ZF or to soon in this thread :wwww:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1