FG Interior - Leather or Vinyl from Factory

Stevebag

• Member For: 10y 5m 20d

Hello All,

Noticed a small tear and stitching coming apart on the rear bench - the centre seat panel you sit on.....

Took it to the Trimmer - confirmed rear right and left seat are leather - but for some reason the centre seat is vinyl.....

Anyone retrimmed or knowledgable on the leather in the FG? Should it be full leather on the seat face?

Trimmer was dumbfounded - could only guess it was damaged at dealer and got a partial retrim in vinyl? 

Car was a new purchase - not second hand.

Trimmer didn't think ford would use vinyl ex factory? So he was surprised.

can anyone share any knowledge on trim materials and use ex factory from ford?

much appreciated

steve

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

some cars have a vinyl complete seats, some have leather completely and some have a mostly leather with small vinyl components seat setup. It totally depends on the specific model of falcon you bought and also depends on options selected pre-purchase.

• Member For: 10y 5m 20d

Hmmmmm......I ordered an FG II XR6T with leather trim.......it wasn't the lux pack - but a standard XR6 with optional leather.......

not a poverty pack taxi or anything like that.....

order form says leather - reckon I have any use complaining to ford that it's not full leather?

Must admit I'm disappointed - with 3 young kids spilling sh*t everywhere - I ordered and paid a hefty price for leather for its clean ability and durability - only to find out its vinyl in parts.

bastards!