Low Boost issue

Falcon Oath

• Member For: 6y 4m 29d

So my BA XR6 Turbo, suddenly dropped boost pressure from 10psi to 4psi, ive been running a Gizzmo Electonic Boost controller, so naturally thought it was the Gizzmo solenoid had packed up, so swapped it back to standard boost control solenoid, but still no good, have since tried another known good solenoid, still no luck, it's plumbed up correctly, also has a brand new aftermarket plumb back BOV, setup correctly, and not leaking, so that also eliminates that.

I need some guidance 

• Member For: 6y 4m 29d

Yeah I'll have a check for peace of mind, I've also tried re loading the tune and no luck with that, I'm just leaning towards wastegate actuator now, but usually when they go it's the diaphragm and they over boost not under boost.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

I'd be looking for a boost leak or an open solenoid if it spools normally but only makes 4 psi.

With cars and internet diagnosis it could always be something less obvious.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Would seem like that based from what I know about it but keep an open mind for other possibilities.

Eg: It could be a wiring issue rather than the ecu holding it open for whatever reason if it is solenoid related.