XR6T Cam Phasers

CHOCK78

• Member For: 6y 6m 6d

I have recently bought my XR6T BA Auto etc etc, but the engine is making a serious noise from the top end.( noise disappears when you increase engine RPM ) I have checked the codes and is says that my RH Phaser is too far advanced. 

Does this mean I have to change the VCT gears, and or actuators??? Can this be done with rocker cover off and leave the timing cover on??

Also I have fitted  plazmaman style intercooler pipe, under the battery tray ( original RHS) there was a boost pipe, aluminium, with a boost sensor I gather in it, as the pipe has been removed what do I do with the sensor?? just unplug it?? Am I on the right track or have I fallen off???

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Yes, that is a boost pressure sensor so you need to reconnect it.

Check the cam phasers/solenoids and their electrical connections, for the top end noise.

• Member For: 6y 8m 30d

Sorry could I add to this question, I’ve just bought an engine for a conversion 

I’ve done valve springs and pump gears so the whole top end and timing set has been removed and reinstalled. Turning the motor over by hand there is some noise coming from the phasers, sort of light clattering. I’m assuming this is due to no oil pressure by turning over by hand?