Daily driver 300rwkw?

adams355

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 11m 10d
2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

There we go, fixed :spoton:

Yeah u can run a stock cooler and get 1 burst of power every 5 minutes I guess.

200km old valve springs? Id replace them....

@MBAF he doesnt need those mods at that power level(300rwkw).... though its best to fit bolt-ons yo support 400rw to not strain the block..... 

So in other words, do those mods ONCE AND RIGHT then enjoy it. 

His first QUESTION was what he should do to reach  SAFE 300rw on a daily...

He needs a dump pipe yeah? Cat? 200km block.... valve springs? Id suggest flapper.... and a 8psi actuator, and a upgraded trans cooler mite help the zf.:yes-sir:

But yeah we can say, just ramp it up with minimal support and she'll be sweet as.

Edited by BAXRTUTE

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Don’t modify the vehicle as you “probably” dont want to spend the right amount of money to do it correctly and then will be less than happy when already ageing parts start to wear at an increasingly ridiculous rate from the new found power output 

round 1 in any turbo falcon is the biggest gain for $ 

round 2 and 3 cost lots more for less 

skip to round 4 ( E85 ) and you’re back to kicking goals for the $ outlaid haha ;) 

early signs of a wearing ZF is the lack of output vs input when manually selecting gears and anything that “flares” once up to operating temps 

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
15 hours ago, BAXRTUTE said:

Yeah u can run a stock cooler and get 1 burst of power every 5 minutes I guess.

Nothing wrong with that :nyaah:

But these guys do have valid points regarding the age of vehicle and spending the right amount of money to make sure the vehicle isn't over stressed. 

There's more than one way to skin a cat ;)

• Haha 1

• Gold Donating Members

Being 200km old and im guessing still using the ford trans cooler? @adams355 maybe a new aftermarket trans cooler and Zf tune mite sort it out??

But totally agree with everything your posting.

Unless his willing to do it right?? @adams355 his better off leaving it as is.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

If the trans cooler is that old I'd swap it immediately. 

Mine failed at 150 thousand and thankfully I caught it before water got in the trans.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members

Dump pipe and high flow cat 1k

Trans cooler $500

Vavle springs 1k... though your current 200km old springs "mite" have enough life in them to hold 300rw for 6mths if u wanted to cut first up cost.

That will get u to 300rw

Personally id do what I suggested up the top.

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Ok finally did some work got the trans cooler in (davies craig with a fan in front of right wheel, works perfectly and the auto feels like its new again). Had it and the diff serviced, oil, plugs, everything else, modified airbox etc.

Finally had a good look around the engine bay and through the XCAL and to my surprise its running a 14psi tune and a turbosmart manual boost control on what I think is the standard actuator.

Hmm, must say its tuned very well, only ever heard it ping once on bad fuel. Its been doing 400km a week for quite awhile. So, I've settled on an outlaw hi flow cat converter (heard good things) some new coils and an upgraded fuel pump before the tune.

So what is everyone thoughts on the manual boost control situation? I take it I will need a new actuator for 14,15,16 psi to go back to the boost control solenoid? Are there any benefits staying with the manual control :dancing:It gets to max boost early.

Edited by adams355

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Anyone, any thoughts on the manual boost control with good tune? Will the standard exhaust and cat be able to handle 14psi? I have logged it peeking at 14 and dropping off to 7. But it seems to have come good recently. No where to do the 3rd gear run but  :busted1: