Racewars 2019

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 5m 6d

Okay all, for those that weren't around for the earlier banter with the thread about building a new engine and progressively getting the car down to a 9 sec qtr after I put the piston through the block, That plan has radically changed to a full car strip, paint and build to be ready for Racewars in Albany 2019.... "Cost price work = Oi don't I <3 Bananasin try to rush me to finish it for ya"

The new daily driver juicebox (under 2lt) will arrive in a few weeks, and the stripdown of the 05 ba turbo will commence.

Pretty much every nut, bolt and clamp will come off. the body will get a healthy amount of attention to smooth out the dimples accumulated over its 12 years of hard living, as well as some lipo suction to get rid of unwanted fat:giverose:

Pretty much every standard part will end up getting binned, so there may be some suitable parts up for sale to ppl that play nice, or can hang sh*t on me that good that I cant come up with a reply..... (choosing and completing option 2 will put you at the head of the queue for old parts!!)

Whole arse end will be replaced with a different item, so yep whole back axle with diff, brakes, tailshaft etc will be GONE... front n rear factory seats and the carpet will be going.

The car should be at the panel shop before Christmas so other than axles/wheels etc, pretty much what is going to be sold off will be available then (cheap xmas presents) I do travel a fair bit around qld with work, so delivery may also be possible. (My delivery charges go up by 6 pack increments) other than that, delivery would be up to you.

Oh and for those of you who consider the paintwork to be the highlight of YOUR build, the car will be resprayed in its original Scared Canary Yellow...... come on, ya not worried about getting beaten by a scared canary are ya:bliss:

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Wtf does any of that have to do with racewars? Change the title or ask a mod to do it if the edit window has timed out.

There will be a lot of members contributing to a racewars thread and it's just messy to have it mixed up with your build thread.

Edited by Puffwagon
Spelling

• Donating Members

Differences of opinion are awesome, as the car is now being SPECIFICALLY BUILT FOR RACEWARS 2019

I don't have a prob with the title. Other members are free to contribute what they are building for it or just to throw their 2 cents worth in about racewars or the cars/ppl that enter it.

• Donating Members

Yep I have been known to miss the point sometimes, I guess you have one though when the title is called racewars 2019 and the original post says my car is being fully stripped and rebuilt for racewars 2019....... but hey whatever :)

Don't stress the little stuff in life mate, and if a disagreement about a post title is the biggest problem for either of us this year, its not a bad year.

feel free to hang around and offer insights and banter over the next year and a bit.